• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Wild Card Predictions

sailorsam

Practice Squad
Four games this weekend. what do we think?

Colts @ Houston, Saturday afternoon.
Colts Luck-powered offense vs Texans strong D, at home.
interesting matchup as neither has much of a playoff history.
I'm going with Colts in this one.

Seahawks @ Cowboys, Saturday night
just how good are these cowboys? hard to pick against at home, but Carrol/Wilson have won a bunch of big games last few years. I think Seattle.

sailorsam

Practice Squad
Chargers @ Ravens Sunday early afternoon
west coast team going east. Chargers/Rivers do not have much of a playoff history.
Harbs has won playoff opener in each of the six years they have made postseason.
Lamar is getting better every week.
Ravens won in their house just two weeks ago.
looks like Ravens.

Eagles @ Bears Sunday late afternoon
Eagles woke up and made a playoff run. they has playoff cred. Bears tough @ home and look real good.
Bears.

wow, all four of these games could go either way.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
it's a really tricky wildcard weekend to predict

Bears are clear favourites over the eagles but Big Dick Nick is in the lineup for the eagles so who knows what could happen - ultimately the Bears should win but Foles is a complete wildcard (if you'll pardon the pun)

Colts despite being on the road I think are favourites to topple Houston - Houston's OL has massively regressed from earlier in the year and they've lost key offensive pieces - they basically backed into the playoffs after that impressive run - not a bad team and they've got some absolute stars at key positions but the Colts are surging and getting maybe the 3rd best qb play in the league with assorted pieces all over the field too

According to bookies the other 2 games are basically well-matched and I'd agree... I think as a non-Ravens fan I'd probably have the Ravens as favourites but as a Ravens fan I'm so nervous about this game because of playing them twice in 3 weeks and the emotional rollercoaster intangibles of the browns game etc. - I'm picking the Ravens but I think I'd be more confident in that pick if I were an outsider looking in...

Seahawks Cowboys is basically a toss-up I think - they're basically the same football team stylistically but one of them has Russell Wilson in stead of Dak Prescott and the other has Ezekiel Elliot in stead of Cris Carson - even the schemes they run on defence are so similar and their offensive philosophy is the exact same - I think the Cowboys have the better defence and that might be all the difference... but then again Russell Wilson only has to make 1 crazy play that only he can make to change a game that is likely close because neither of these teams is constructed to blow teams out - it should be close by default

redrum52

Hall of Famer
@allblackraven I'm not projecting shit about our team. Want us to win, but I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

As far as my picks, the only one I really question is the Seahawks and that's cause of the peculiar officiating at Jerry's World. The game I'm most confident about is Colts @ Texans. Feel Colts control it throughout.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
@allblackraven I'm not projecting shit about our team. Want us to win, but I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

As far as my picks, the only one I really question is the Seahawks and that's cause of the peculiar officiating at Jerry's World. The game I'm most confident about is Colts @ Texans. Feel Colts control it throughout.
I'm almost certain Texans DL will handle the Colts O line and put beating on Luck.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm almost certain Texans DL will handle the Colts O line and put beating on Luck.

Colts OL is the best Luck has had. Actually have a semblance of a run game and Texans struggle to stop T.Y. The Texans OL has looked awful and I just trust Luck. We'll see.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's funny.

Just in case you weren't kidding, I agree. Gonna be old school SB this year - Ravens vs. Bears, to settle the beef over No1 D.
Oh I’m definitely serious. Tired of the Saints being everyone’s SB favorites. I don’t even think they’ll make it to the Conf championship. They’ve shown a lot of weekness in the latter part of this season.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Oh I’m definitely serious. Tired of the Saints being everyone’s SB favorites. I don’t even think they’ll make it to the Conf championship. They’ve shown a lot of weekness in the latter part of this season.
They did but the Superdome will be tough place to play in for anybody.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5's weekly meltdown will rival UrinatingTree for the levels of rage in the upcoming Days of Our Steelers
If we lose my meltdown won’t be too bad unless....

It’s an obvious marty or harbs loss. I can’t take a fucking playoff exit after all these years just because marty ran a wildcat stretch, pitch option, and keeper up the middle to close out a 1 point game. I can’t fucking take our season ending the way I’ve said it was gonna end all year. It would be the worst “I told ya so” I’ve ever had to endure.