• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

How large is our window

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
we're not making the playoffs with this sorry O line. Sorry, don't see it. Keeping it as real as i can.
Next year you'll all be saying the O line is why we sucked.

we're not making the playoffs with this sorry O line. Sorry, don't see it. Keeping it as real as i can.

Thats how it looks to me, actually it looks worse than last year and I swore up and down we were going to see a huge dropoff without KO. If we're very lucky Stanley/Yanda make it through the season in one piece and our two rookies are immediate starters, thats a very big IF. Also we need to stop with any Urschel and Jensen hype.

The Greek

Veteran
the offense is not done shaping itself. the key as we all know is the o-line. if flacco has time and the support of the running game than we can live with the receivers/te's we have as long as they stay healthy but players will be added before the season starts to the line and at wr. i liked the trade of jernigan because he fell off the 2nd half of the season and he was not affordable after 2017. resigning williams was huge but i agree we may have overpaid but he makes it possible for the ilb's to make plays at the line of scrimmage by commanding double teams. ray lewis begged ozzie to draft a big man that would help him out and ozzie drafted ngata and we saw what the ilb's did with ngata in there. i would say that the window is 4-5 years but we have to remember that the squeelers will lose ben soon. the bengals are going backwards and cleveland is headed in the right direction but with them who knows what will happen. what happens with our division foes will play a big factor. we win the division we have a chance every time in the playoffs

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
At WR i think we'll be fine. I think Perriman will take that next step and i think if campanaro stays healthy he'll be awesome

I think our WRs will be

B.Perriman
M.Wallace
M.Campanaro
C.Matthews
T.Patrick ( this dude has a lot of talent)

TE's

D.Pitta
C.Gillmore
M.Williams
N.Boyle
D.Waller

There is enough talent here. Some good players with a little bit of everything. Sure theres no superstar but there are a lot of guys that can be big mismatches.

The O line though?

awful...

better hope yanda doesnt start to decline either.
[doublepost=1495827926,1495827563][/doublepost]We keep on drafting this raw, late prospects and nothing ever happens with them. I know sledgehammer is high on eluemunor but he is probably the most obvious bust i've ever watched.
[doublepost=1495828045][/doublepost]
the offense is not done shaping itself. the key as we all know is the o-line. if flacco has time and the support of the running game than we can live with the receivers/te's we have as long as they stay healthy but players will be added before the season starts to the line and at wr. i liked the trade of jernigan because he fell off the 2nd half of the season and he was not affordable after 2017. resigning williams was huge but i agree we may have overpaid but he makes it possible for the ilb's to make plays at the line of scrimmage by commanding double teams. ray lewis begged ozzie to draft a big man that would help him out and ozzie drafted ngata and we saw what the ilb's did with ngata in there. i would say that the window is 4-5 years but we have to remember that the squeelers will lose ben soon. the bengals are going backwards and cleveland is headed in the right direction but with them who knows what will happen. what happens with our division foes will play a big factor. we win the division we have a chance every time in the playoffs

The Bengals had a v good draft. I didnt like the J.Ross pick but they did great with the rest.

I actually consider Zay Jones to be the 2nd or 3rd best WR.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

We have reason to believe the Center position will be stronger this year conpared to last. This is a thing we know because otherwise Zuttah would still be here.

That means the only question on the line is RT (unless for some reason they move Alex Lewis over in which case its LG). The most likely scenario is one of the draft picks or someone from FA being the staryer but that one position on the line is the question mark.

So if you are going to say the Ravens will not make the playofds because of 1 player on the oline i am going to have to question that.

The Greek

Veteran
Thats how it looks to me, actually it looks worse than last year and I swore up and down we were going to see a huge dropoff without KO. If we're very lucky Stanley/Yanda make it through the season in one piece and our two rookies are immediate starters, thats a very big IF. Also we need to stop with any Urschel and Jensen hype.
i would not give up on jensen as a potential starting center just yet. he has bulked up to 320 with not much fat on him. the key will be can he make the calls at the line

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our window is as long as Flacco is healthy and capable of spurts of elite play (like the 2012 playoffs).

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
We shoulda kept Osemele. Look what he did for the raider run game without a good running back. Hopefully Eluemunor turns into the next enforcer. There's enough young talent to build a top 3 defense. Maybe best in the league. To be a Super Bowl contender we need some young Oline players to step up. We need max to step up and get in shape. Dixon will be great once he returns. Then we have to trade for a legit young WR on his rookie contract.

I really like Marqise Lee. He is an ascending talent. I would easily trade a round2 pick for a really good WR. Marqise can do it all. He reminds me of Torry Holt. If he and Joe get on the same page he would be borderline unstoppable. He is an explosive route runner and naturally disguises his routes The question isn't how long is the window open. It is when it arrives. We are so close to a Super Bowl contender.

With young talent like Timmy, Bowser Young Henry Jefferson Mosley Judon Bronson the defense has young fast talent. I respect Joeyflex's opinion but I do think Bowser will become at least a very good edge rusher. He needs to get a little stronger but he can carry about 265 lbs without speed and athleticism. Only pick I didn't like was Wormley. He was a character coachs choice pick. I woulda preferred Lawson Anzalone or a cornerback. But our young Edge rushers are brewing with potential. Judon Bowser and Williams are all top shelf talents.

If Lewis can excel at RT there are plenty really young thirsty candidates for center. Whomever comes out as leader of the pack is going to be a top8 center at least. Jensen Urschel and Siragusa are better than average. If the bigger stronger 328 athletic Jensen from 2015 shows up he is the center without question. If the shrunken 305lb Jensen shows up then it's an open competition. And Siragusa wants it and has a chance.

Siragusa like the 2015 version of Jensen is unusually strong and physical for a center. Eluemunor and Stanley are going to sinfully dominant on that side when Eluemunor is ready to play. Fans should be looking forward to that one. Only need a good explosive route runner receiver to complete the offense.
[doublepost=1495843362,1495841883][/doublepost]
i would not give up on jensen as a potential starting center just yet. he has bulked up to 320 with not much fat on him. the key will be can he make the calls at the line

He is returning to his 2015 size then. He has an awesome specimen. Wasn't very lean but very strong and pretty athletic. If he comes in at 325 he is not only the starting center but a top 5 center. If he is 320 and leaner that that would mean he is as big as he was in 2015 when he was 328-330. But a touch leaner. In which case left guard is the open spot if Lewis play RT. I don't think Wesley and Nembot are starters. Which leaves Siragusa and Eluemunor to compete at left guard.

If Jensen has got his size back and plays well he will cost a fortune to resign. In which Siragusa becomes the center eventually. If Jensen dominates and we resign him then Jensen is the center while Eluemunor and Siragusa are the guards once Yanda slows down.

As of now experience is only thing holding back the offensive line. Siragusa needs to experience at center. while Eluemunor needs coaching and experience to catch his technique up with his immense freakish power and athleticism. He only played 12 games of college football. And was never introduced to football til he was like 16. He is a freakish enough specimen that his college coach went out on a limb and promised he wil be a starter in the NFL. Coaches rarely go out on a limb like that!! Went on to say he was such a hard and powerful bull that he could get run over by a truck and get up and go back to the huddle like nothing happened.
[doublepost=1495843881][/doublepost]
At WR i think we'll be fine. I think Perriman will take that next step and i think if campanaro stays healthy he'll be awesome

I think our WRs will be

B.Perriman
M.Wallace
M.Campanaro
C.Matthews
T.Patrick ( this dude has a lot of talent)

TE's

D.Pitta
C.Gillmore
M.Williams
N.Boyle
D.Waller

There is enough talent here. Some good players with a little bit of everything. Sure theres no superstar but there are a lot of guys that can be big mismatches.

The O line though?

awful...

better hope yanda doesnt start to decline either.
[doublepost=1495827926,1495827563][/doublepost]We keep on drafting this raw, late prospects and nothing ever happens with them. I know sledgehammer is high on eluemunor but he is probably the most obvious bust i've ever watched.
[doublepost=1495828045][/doublepost]

The Bengals had a v good draft. I didnt like the J.Ross pick but they did great with the rest.

I actually consider Zay Jones to be the 2nd or 3rd best WR.

You see I'm confident in the Oline but not WRs. I'm not sure what games you saw on Eluemunor but I'm not the only one raving about him. Mayock and Jeremiah are very big on him and very confident he has all the tools. As his college coach is to. He is very similar to Carl Nicks coming out. I didn't like Zay Jones coming out at all. A college game that doesn't morph into an NFL game. I don't like Perrimans routes. I think he becomes an outside big play threat but never a consistent receiver. Campanaro will never avoid injuries and Wallace is 31 and never became a route runner.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You see I'm confident in the Oline but not WRs. I'm not sure what games you saw on Eluemunor but I'm not the only one raving about him. Mayock and Jeremiah are very big on him and very confident he has all the tools. As his college coach is to. He is very similar to Carl Nicks coming out. I didn't like Zay Jones coming out at all. A college game that doesn't morph into an NFL game. I don't like Perrimans routes. I think he becomes an outside big play threat but never a consistent receiver. Campanaro will never avoid injuries and Wallace is 31 and never became a route runner.[/QUOTE]

Jeremiah does not like him at all.Mayock likes his upside. I don't like him at all. He's 2 seasons away IMO and thats to be a decent starter.
[doublepost=1495844067,1495843997][/doublepost]Let's see with perriman. HIs routes have probably improved.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
You see I'm confident in the Oline but not WRs. I'm not sure what games you saw on Eluemunor but I'm not the only one raving about him. Mayock and Jeremiah are very big on him and very confident he has all the tools. As his college coach is to. He is very similar to Carl Nicks coming out. I didn't like Zay Jones coming out at all. A college game that doesn't morph into an NFL game. I don't like Perrimans routes. I think he becomes an outside big play threat but never a consistent receiver. Campanaro will never avoid injuries and Wallace is 31 and never became a route runner.

Jeremiah does not like him at all.Mayock likes his upside. I don't like him at all. He's 2 seasons away IMO and thats to be a decent starter.
[doublepost=1495844067,1495843997][/doublepost]Let's see with perriman. HIs routes have probably improved.[/QUOTE]

DJ is absolutely big on Eluemunor I have the segment he raved on and on about'em. Don't hold your breath on Perrimans routes. He looks so awkward in routes.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
[doublepost=1495844067,1495843997][/doublepost]Let's see with perriman. HIs routes have probably improved.

DJ is absolutely big on Eluemunor I have the segment he raved on and on about'em. Don't hold your breath on Perrimans routes. He looks so awkward in routes.[/QUOTE]

Show me the segment where DJ says he's high on him.
[doublepost=1495845225][/doublepost]Bro, please never compare m.lee to torry holt.

please..lol
[doublepost=1495845398][/doublepost]btw..i say that because when we picked him DJ said '' I cannot ignore his alabama tape, I just don't see it'', While mayock did say more positives things about him.

So please show me the segment.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
DJ is absolutely big on Eluemunor I have the segment he raved on and on about'em. Don't hold your breath on Perrimans routes. He looks so awkward in routes.

Show me the segment where DJ says he's high on him.
[doublepost=1495845225][/doublepost]Bro, please never compare m.lee to torry holt.

please..lol
[doublepost=1495845398][/doublepost]btw..i say that because when we picked him DJ said '' I cannot ignore his alabama tape, I just don't see it'', While mayock did say more positives things about him.

So please show me the segment.[/QUOTE]

NFL network path to draft and give Marqise Lee some time. His game is actually very similar to Amari Cooper. Marqise is phenomenal. Down the stretch he was the best player in the team. He was outplaying ar15 with an atrocity of an Oline a retarded system and bad QB play. Marqise is going to have a huge huge breakout. I have watched so many of his games One of my favorite prospects ever. Everybody laughed when I said he would become the best wr on the team when he gets back into the offense. He fell behind 2 very good WRs when he was injured. I said he will jump over then when he gets opportunity. And all of the jags standout skill players struggled cuz of the Oline and garbage coaching and system except Marqise Lee. He is going to have a serious breakout.

Last edited:

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Show me the segment where DJ is high on eluemunor ;)
Dude I haven't a clue. I may have it recorded on my dvr. When I get home tonight I will check

He is about a year away from starting however. We shoulda drafted a plug and play lineman early. Like traded back and drafted Lamp or Robinson.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Send it..because DJ didn't think much of the pick when he was on the panel when we made it.
[doublepost=1495898506,1495848393][/doublepost]..........bump

Sledgehammer, I'm waiting ^_^

I've given up on him, he's entering his 5th season and hasn't even moved the needle.

The Raven

Veteran
I've given up on him, he's entering his 5th season and hasn't even moved the needle.
But do you think that's an indication of his ability or of a lost offensive coaching staff that has never known how to put the best 11 on the field and use them well? From what we've seen I think Jensen is more than capable. Where do you think he's lacking?

But do you think that's an indication of his ability or of a lost offensive coaching staff that has never known how to put the best 11 on the field and use them well? From what we've seen I think Jensen is more than capable. Where do you think he's lacking?

From memory there were times in replays where his footspeed looked slow and his man would blow right past him, in all fairness that is a small sample size but you also have to ask why the coaches don't have faith in him as a starter.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Send it..because DJ didn't think much of the pick when he was on the panel when we made it.
[doublepost=1495898506,1495848393][/doublepost]..........bump

Sledgehammer, I'm waiting ^_^

Hang in dude hold your horses. My 2 nephews are watching a movie on dvr box I may have it on. And I'm busy like a woman today getting everything right for tonight. Btw is this going to help you come around on Eluemunor?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hang in dude hold your horses. My 2 nephews are watching a movie on dvr box I may have it on. And I'm busy like a woman today getting everything right for tonight. Btw is this going to help you come around on Eluemunor?

I'd like to hear what DJ said as it contradicts what he said when we selected him live on NFL network. ;)