• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Picking #22

rossihunter2

Staff Member
now confirmed we have the 22nd pick - feels like that's still in range to get some top end talent who falls or at least be a high enough pick to turn into some decent draft capital in a trade down type situation:

we were briefly at #22 this year before trading down a 2nd time

the last few picks at #22:

2018: Rashaan Evans
2017: Charles Harris
2016: Josh Doctson
2015: Bud Dupree
2014: Johnny Manziel

not that those picks have any real baring on what the Ravens pick at 22 but that's kind of a depressing list

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Fingers crossed we get something for Flacco to boost our draft capital but I'm not holding my breath.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Fingers crossed we get something for Flacco to boost our draft capital but I'm not holding my breath.
We will. Probably just not quite what you want.

I still think our best bet is trade him for a proven player straight up, no chance of fucking up the draft pick and wasting the trade.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We will. Probably just not quite what you want.

I still think our best bet is trade him for a proven player straight up, no chance of fucking up the draft pick and wasting the trade.

nah i want a pick - 4 years of control, extra youth infusion and draft capital for manoeuvring if we need to and extra shots in the lottery...
and proven players are proven commodities and we're not gonna get a playmaker for joe straight up - the pick is probably more valuable - plus on a personal level the more picks we have the more interesting the draft is lol

i just dont know what player is going to be fair value for joe

and even if the pick does go wrong it's not a wasted trade because we still get the cap space as if we released him anyway

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is one of the most intriguing offseasons i think weve ever had. Partly because of building around Jackson and also being a trade target for other teams. As well Decosta gets his first crack at GM. So many questions...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Strength of the draft is dl and olb, pass rush in general. Watch us draft a rb round 1 or something
I dont think ive ever seen it so deep at pass rush in regards to guys who could go in the 1st round. Theres at least 6 edge rushers who could go in the first