• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ronnie Stanley’s feet

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I am not sure if you guys have heard the story but I guess the Chargers knew what a majority of the Ravens plays were before they even happened based off of Stanley’s feet.

They said during tape study they noticed if Stanley’s feet were even then almost 100% of the time if was a run play. And if Stanley’s left foot was behind his right, it was most likely a pass play.

I’m wondering how many of these little tips players have that teams are noticing week to week. So not only was Marty’s playcalling terrible but also the defense knew because of our LT’s feet.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is massive and no doubt ronnie is aware of this now.

in fact, thankfull they brought it up so in the future it will be addressed

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am not sure if you guys have heard the story but I guess the Chargers knew what a majority of the Ravens plays were before they even happened based off of Stanley’s feet.

They said during tape study they noticed if Stanley’s feet were even then almost 100% of the time if was a run play. And if Stanley’s left foot was behind his right, it was most likely a pass play.

I’m wondering how many of these little tips players have that teams are noticing week to week. So not only was Marty’s playcalling terrible but also the defense knew because of our LT’s feet.
I'm actually thankful for the Chargers calling out Marty, Stanley's foot positioning and play design. It certainly pressured Harbaugh to fire/"demote" Marty even more.

Filmstudy

Staff Member
Filmstudy
Writer
I addressed this on my OL podcast with a review of all the plays where Ronnie was in either a 2 or 3-point stance.

Effectively, in a 2-point stance, a tackle is always tipping pass and that's what the Ravens used for most of their snaps. Separating out the 3-point snaps for foot back/feet even reveals other differences.

The podcast is here:

http://filmstudy.libsyn.com/wild-card-round-offense-evaluations

The analysis of Stanley's feet and tipping starts at 19:40 and it's approximately 6 minutes in length.

Last edited:

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s funny that they brought it up and I partly wonder if he was just off towards the end of the year in general - he had a couple of snaps where he just didn’t move as if he had no idea what the snap count was etc.

Yeah, he seemed to be "off" for the past few games even before the playoff game. Some plays looked like he had no idea who he was supposed to block, he had several penalties, etc.