• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Washcloth or nah?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Weird as fuck subject but goddamn if it isn’t a debate I see frequently, and it often tends to be split racially as crazy as that sounds... but the split tends to be that black folks think white folks are dirty fucks for not using washcloths in the shower...

Fact: household rags exfoliate and hold dead skin and massive amounts of bacteria to cultivate all over it, and a bar of soap is self cleaning and it’s entire surface dissloves as a new surface is formed as soon as water touches it. A rags ability to host bacteria is why nurses use sanitized paper dressings for wounds because even a clean cloth is likely to be hosting bascteria, it’s also why tattoo artists will URGE you to use fresh paper towels for a newly done tattoo and tell you avoid drying it with a towel at all costs.

Another fact: us non-raggers aren’t out here shoving bars of soap up our asses, get real.

What side are y’all on? If you’re on washcloth side you nasty as shit boi.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Weird as fuck subject but goddamn if it isn’t a debate I see frequently, and it often tends to be split racially as crazy as that sounds... but the split tends to be that black folks think white folks are dirty fucks for not using washcloths in the shower...

Fact: household rags exfoliate and hold dead skin and massive amounts of bacteria to cultivate all over it, and a bar of soap is self cleaning and it’s entire surface dissloves as a new surface is formed as soon as water touches it. A rags ability to host bacteria is why nurses use sanitized paper dressings for wounds because even a clean cloth is likely to be hosting bascteria, it’s also why tattoo artists will URGE you to use fresh paper towels for a newly done tattoo and tell you avoid drying it with a towel at all costs.

Another fact: us non-raggers aren’t out here shoving bars of soap up our asses, get real.

What side are y’all on? If you’re on washcloth side you nasty as shit boi.
How do you scrub dirt off if you don’t use a wash cloth?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How do you scrub dirt off if you don’t use a wash cloth?
Exfoliate occasionally for dead skin and then soap and water... I spent years in concrete and asphalt and have worked in dusty old ceilings the past 2 years, I have never been so dirty that soap and water couldn’t do the job

Tank

Hall of Famer
Exfoliate occasionally for dead skin and then soap and water... I spent years in concrete and asphalt and have worked in dusty old ceilings the past 2 years, I have never been so dirty that soap and water couldn’t do the job
You’re not working hard enough. lol jk
I didn’t even know this was a thing. I mean you certainly use sterile material for open wounds and you don’t use the same “household rag” to wipe the kitchen counter as you do in the shower. Use a clean wash cloth and wash them with the towels. To state the obvious, it’s important and just like washing a car, start at the top and work down. Lol

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Irish Spring motherfuck. Smell fresh and clean and then use a bodyfresh deodorant spray.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Aloe Irish Spring. Hold the body spray please cupcake, clear gel deodorant in the pits. lol

When gf buys you bodyspray for Christmas its a good idea to use it iffen you know what I'm talking about.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You’re not working hard enough. lol jk
I didn’t even know this was a thing. I mean you certainly use sterile material for open wounds and you don’t use the same “household rag” to wipe the kitchen counter as you do in the shower. Use a clean wash cloth and wash them with the towels. To state the obvious, it’s important and just like washing a car, start at the top and work down. Lol
So you have to wash a rag and get a new one every time someone showers? For what? Exfoliating isn’t needed/recommended every single day/multiple times a day. I shower for the most part twice a day, if I used a washcloth and scrubbed hard every time I’d turn pink and have no outer layer of skin lol.

It’s just incredibly unnecessary and unless you’re using a FRESH OUT THE LAUNDRY rag every single time then it’s highly unsanitary.

Tank

Hall of Famer
So you have to wash a rag and get a new one every time someone showers? For what? Exfoliating isn’t needed/recommended every single day/multiple times a day. I shower for the most part twice a day, if I used a washcloth and scrubbed hard every time I’d turn pink and have no outer layer of skin lol.

It’s just incredibly unnecessary and unless you’re using a FRESH OUT THE LAUNDRY rag every single time then it’s highly unsanitary.
eh, I can understand someone not using a wash cloth all the time if you don’t think you need it, but the rest of it sounds a bit germaphobic. If you keep things clean a wash cloth would be the least of your worries, germs and bacteria are literally everywhere. Do you and your family close the lid on your toilets before you flush?

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
eh, I can understand someone not using a wash cloth all the time if you don’t think you need it, but the rest of it sounds a bit germaphobic. If you keep things clean a wash cloth would be the least of your worries, germs and bacteria are literally everywhere. Do you and your family close the lid on your toilets before you flush?
Nope, and I know what that does too lol. But it’s not about it being gross and unsanitary, it’s that many who use a washcloth think that using a straight bar of soap is nasty is unsanitary, and that’s objectively false and if one is more sanitary than the other, it’s definitely not the one where you wash yourself with an old mildewy rag that’s hosting bacteria and tons of dead skin

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Flush?!?

Tank

Hall of Famer
Nope, and I know what that does too lol. But it’s not about it being gross and unsanitary, it’s that many who use a washcloth think that using a straight bar of soap is nasty is unsanitary, and that’s objectively false and if one is more sanitary than the other, it’s definitely not the one where you wash yourself with an old mildewy rag that’s hosting bacteria and tons of dead skin
hmmmmm.........which one. old mildewy rag or a bar of soap up the chute. lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I definitely feel like this is a "cultural" thing. Been to many.. ahem.. people's homes and asked for one only to be asked what it is.

And you non wash clothers are definitely keistering the soap...

This is one of the most interesting threads I've encountered here.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
hmmmmm.........which one. old mildewy rag or a bar of soap up the chute. lol
Nope. Don’t do that.
I definitely feel like this is a "cultural" thing. Been to many.. ahem.. people's homes and asked for one only to be asked what it is.

And you non wash clothers are definitely keistering the soap...

This is one of the most interesting threads I've encountered here.
Nah fam, suds up the hands real good and git on up in there. Using a washcloth=ass cloth.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
What does it do?