• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Defensive Rookie of the Year Award

Who is the Ravens's Defensive Rookie of the Year for 2018

• Anthony Averett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The list of nominees for DROY is even smaller than OROY - Kenny Young vs Anthony Averett.

No one else played enough snaps of defence - Chris Board and Zach Sieler were the only other defensive rookies who were ever active on gamedays still on the team but Sieler was hardly active and Board played hardly any defensive snaps so they've been excluded. The only other defensive rookie he was active at all this season was Darious Williams who was claimed off waivers by the Rams in October.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I think this one is easy. Looking forward to seeing both of them progress next year.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Did something happen to Young in the second half of the season? He made a number of great plays that stood out to me but then I didn't notice him a great deal from then on. I gave him my vote.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm actually most excited about Zach Sieler but obviously these two guys were clearly the obvious candidates - we've got a collection of decent looking day 3 picks in Averett, Young, Elliott, Sieler and I'm actually excited about all 4 of them

I'm most excited to see what Elliott can do if he stays healthy. He was around the ball constantly in the pre-season and was making plays; I think he can provide us with some much needed athleticism on the back-end of our defense. We still need to target some safety help through FA and/or the draft, but Elliott definitely has a lot of potential.

As for this vote, I voted for Kenny Young by default. Averett didn't get as much playing time so it's hard to judge, but he's looked solid in his limited opportunities. Young, on the other hand, was a great rotational player along with Peanut and I think he's only going to get better as he gets more playing time.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I liked Kenny Young...

NOT AS MUCH AS I WOULD HAVE LOVED JALYEN OR FUCKING MYLES

**THROWS KEYBOARD...RAGES....*****

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I was surprised to see Averett doing well with limited time he got, did not expect him to be good this early. Too bad Elliott got injured, so this one is won by Young by default. He played well actually.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
kenny young basically dissapeared after week 3 ..his impact was minimal and was pretty much meh

which was why i was shocked that he was doing better than i thought he would to begin with
he is who we thought he was

overdrafted