• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Media Mock Central

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

DK would be one of two WRs I wouldn’t absolutely hate in the first round(Deebo Samuel being the other. I have other issues with certain other players.

AJ brown is the safest wr in this draft, but is NOT worth a first round if a OG, Pass rushing DT, or Edge defender is there. He’d be a good fit with Lamar, but that’s a poor use of capital

Hollywood Brown oozes with talent but has a frame(not talking about the weight, his literal build) Tyreek Hill would call small. The moment an NFL LB gets his hands on him, which will happen no matter how fast and explosive he is, he’s done for.

Kelvin Harmon is a day 2 pick, and while a good player, massively overrated on this site

JJAW is a fringe first rounder but he’s not the type of WR the team needs right now.

Hakeem Butler. No thanks. Fuck the body catching. We already have a QB with accuracy issues.

Riley Ridley, for my money, is a better prospect than most of these names. More of a day two pick.

I get the team is desperate for a WR corps, but there’s more pressing needs and let’s be honest. Playoffs probably aren’t in the cards this year. Should we draft a guy? Yes. DK would actually fit here pretty well. Even if he ONLY stretches the field and run blocks, that’s valuable for Lamar. And if we draft him, suck it up. People need to get over Perriman. If you don’t take risks, you won’t succeed.

But I REALLY don’t want a WR in the first. None of these guys are worth it, and let’s be real, if you think we can build a WR corps with this draft, you’re delusional. Straight.... up... delusional. You want to get a building block for the corps, a piece, maybe two(I could see us double dipping in an effort to get a replacement slot for Snead). Fine. You’re better off building the trenches this year and finding your key playmakers next year. The next WR class has something this one doesn’t: top tier talent.

A first round pick on a WR is just a bad idea.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
DK would be one of two WRs I wouldn’t absolutely hate in the first round(Deebo Samuel being the other. I have other issues with certain other players.

AJ brown is the safest wr in this draft, but is NOT worth a first round if a OG, Pass rushing DT, or Edge defender is there. He’d be a good fit with Lamar, but that’s a poor use of capital

Hollywood Brown oozes with talent but has a frame(not talking about the weight, his literal build) Tyreek Hill would call small. The moment an NFL LB gets his hands on him, which will happen no matter how fast and explosive he is, he’s done for.

Kelvin Harmon is a day 2 pick, and while a good player, massively overrated on this site

JJAW is a fringe first rounder but he’s not the type of WR the team needs right now.

Hakeem Butler. No thanks. Fuck the body catching. We already have a QB with accuracy issues.

Riley Ridley, for my money, is a better prospect than most of these names. More of a day two pick.

I get the team is desperate for a WR corps, but there’s more pressing needs and let’s be honest. Playoffs probably aren’t in the cards this year. Should we draft a guy? Yes. DK would actually fit here pretty well. Even if he ONLY stretches the field and run blocks, that’s valuable for Lamar. And if we draft him, suck it up. People need to get over Perriman. If you don’t take risks, you won’t succeed.

But I REALLY don’t want a WR in the first. None of these guys are worth it, and let’s be real, if you think we can build a WR corps with this draft, you’re delusional. Straight.... up... delusional. You want to get a building block for the corps, a piece, maybe two(I could see us double dipping in an effort to get a replacement slot for Snead). Fine. You’re better off building the trenches this year and finding your key playmakers next year. The next WR class has something this one doesn’t: top tier talent.

A first round pick on a WR is just a bad idea.
Yeah DK is the only one I have a first round(would take at 22 in certain situations) grade on. Biggest reason for that is I think he fits well here. He can block for the run game(we are going to run a lot, this is underrated) and he can get deep and potentially make plays there. Having at least one deep threat means teams can't just completely focus on the run and would open things up more underneath for the run and slant game(big part of our offense last year, don't see it going anywhere). And the guy has upside if we can develop him, possible ceiling of a faster Mike Evans to me. I expect a faster Kelvin Benjamin.

I'd most prefer OLB though, really need to get a top guy for that position to supplement our losses there. OL though if no good ones are there, interior will be vital for us if we want to run a lot and wear teams down.

I’m seeing Eric McCoy mocked to us at 22 which is way too high for him. Just because he can play center or guard doesn’t mean he plays it at a high level. Elgton Jenkins is still my number 1 center for the Ravens scheme.

Clelin Ferrell is another name I see. Too hard to guage him. There were multiple times on film where Wilkins or Lawrence got interior pressure and Ferrell just cleaned it up with the QB moving towards him. He was left unblocked on numerous tackles for losses and sacks. Lacks bend off the edge as well, his bull rush and inside counter is impressive though. Second round player imo well behind Bosa, Allen, Burns, Winovich. Too be honest Clemson DEs scare me. How much production of there DEs have been because of there DTs? Grady Jarrett comes to mind when Shaq Lawson and Vic Beasley were there

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@Lost_In_Translation body catching? Bruh, Hakeem butler has the widest catching range in this class by a goddamn mile. If adjusting to inaccurate throws is your concern then butler is your guy, he’s a goddamn freak at tracking and body control. I’m really not sure where you got this body catching thing from, other than the occasional body catch when it was more convenient for him (which isn’t a bad thing)

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dont see Mack or Campbell being there in the third. I know we can get online in the third that I would prefer to Campbell if we went with Winovich in round one. Not interested in Campbell.
I think Campbell has been massively overrated and the only way he goes in round 1 or 2 is some team just falling in love with a gadget idea for him, no competent gm is gonna look at Campbell as any kind of traditional wr because he isn’t and never will be and will he absolutely worthless unless given jet sweeps and drags exclusively, he absolutely could fall to the third as long as nobody is considering a pure gadget player a day 1 or 2 pick, which should be the case since nfl gms are supposed to be competent lol. Hopefully we wouldn’t be the ones to decide a gadget player is worth a rd 3 pick, but if we did it would make sense more than literally any other team.

Also, Mack Wilson is less likely, but he’s another one I think was overrated around here by a lot, he’s an early third to me, but a competent LB in general and in this garbage LB class he’s one of only 2 remainders after the devins that have business being in the nfl, so that’s the only reason he would go before that pick, in a solid LB draft he could easily slip through the cracks

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mack looked really really promising coming into last year. I soured on him after watching him a little this year but have changed my mind on that. If you watch him this year, it appears he has too much on his plate being charged with getting the defense lined up. he's constantly making last minute adjustments and It may be that this responsibility was too much for him.

even with all that: I still the same player traits. He's great and aware in coverage. Physical and fast. Unless I am massively overselling what effect the changes in his assignment had on him last year, I think he's the best all around linebacker in this class. Add to that the fact that Onwuasor might get away next year and Heck yeah, Id take him in the third.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Mack looked really really promising coming into last year. I soured on him after watching him a little this year but have changed my mind on that. If you watch him this year, it appears he has too much on his plate being charged with getting the defense lined up. he's constantly making last minute adjustments and It may be that this responsibility was too much for him.

even with all that: I still the same player traits. He's great and aware in coverage. Physical and fast. Unless I am massively overselling what effect the changes in his assignment had on him last year, I think he's the best all around linebacker in this class. Add to that the fact that Onwuasor might get away next year and Heck yeah, Id take him in the third.
If we pick up a late second after trading down I'd take him there for sure. He's a 3-down LB and we don't really have any proven ones right now

If we pick up a late second after trading down I'd take him there for sure. He's a 3-down LB and we don't really have any proven ones right now
I don’t think he’s a 3 down LB just a 3rd down LB. He just doesn’t get off blocks, takes bad angles, and attacks the wrong gaps in the run game. I’d use him as a free rusher and in coverage

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I don’t think he’s a 3 down LB just a 3rd down LB. He just doesn’t get off blocks, takes bad angles, and attacks the wrong gaps in the run game. I’d use him as a free rusher and in coverage
Being able to cover rather than play run D is more valuable in today's NFL rather than vice versa, plus I trust our coaches to be able to teach him how to defend the run. He reminds me a lot of Alex anzalone when he was coming out

Being able to cover rather than play run D is more valuable in today's NFL rather than vice versa, plus I trust our coaches to be able to teach him how to defend the run. He reminds me a lot of Alex anzalone when he was coming out
Yeah I agree with you about the coverage aspect but why not just use a box safety in that case? It’s not like Wilson is a great coverage player either. He has the movement skills to become one but it hasn’t shown on the field. Wilson is about as bad as it gets against the run he’s just doesn’t get off blocks. Hes also had great coaching at Alabama. Players out of Alabama rarely get better in the NFL.
I’m much higher on Te’Von Coney from Notre Dame. A poor mans Bobby Wagner

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I hit on 11 picks in my mock draft. Best Mock draft I've ever had

11 1/2 if you count Bush going in the spot that Denver was going to draft

There are no trades in this mock, however in my trades mock I had us trading with Philly, so I nailed that also