• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Breakout Player of the Year Award

Who is the Ravens's Breakout Player of the Year for 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is one guy I could trust to be able to get through a crowd in the way to the bar. ZDS would trip on his way to thr bar and Judon would lose contain on the bartender as he slips to the other end.

I was going to say Crabtree but he’d probably drop my beer

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is one guy I could trust to be able to get through a crowd in the way to the bar. ZDS would trip on his way to thr bar and Judon would lose contain on the bartender as he slips to the other end.
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here...judon is good at containing the edge.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think peanut is the winner because Humphrey was good last year. He improved this year but his leap was not near as large as peanuts.

Peanut broke out, marlon improved.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Za'Darius improved, but was overrated by virtue of stats.

Everyone on the team knew Dixon was good if he could stay healthy.

Stanley and Humphrey have been quality players for the team since day one. They've improved but it's not really a breakout since they were both good pieces.

Peanut came in and proved me wrong. He wins

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Allblackraven summed it up perfectly. I would've never put money on Peanut to break out before the season credit goes to Wink who has coached him up since he joined us as an Udfa.
Peanuts senior season highlight video on youtube is crazy he showed great range and had like 12 picks. A transition from FS to LB isn't easy hats off!
Not only from FS to LB, but he began his career as a WR at Arizona.

He went from WR to FS to LB. The man is just a football player. Interesting that we were so intent on putting him at LB, guess he doesn’t have the speed for NFL safety. But damn he did show some great ball skills in college

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Za'Darius improved, but was overrated by virtue of stats.

Everyone on the team knew Dixon was good if he could stay healthy.

Stanley and Humphrey have been quality players for the team since day one. They've improved but it's not really a breakout since they were both good pieces.

Peanut came in and proved me wrong. He wins
ZDS definitely was a tad overrated this year...he played well but he didn’t necessarily have a breakout season. I don’t think he deserves any votes in this, especially over peanut.

I honestly think it’s a bit crazy that Humphrey has more votes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not only from FS to LB, but he began his career as a WR at Arizona.

He went from WR to FS to LB. The man is just a football player. Interesting that we were so intent on putting him at LB, guess he doesn’t have the speed for NFL safety. But damn he did show some great ball skills in college

Yeah he was listed as a LB the moment he stepped foot in the building - it’s ironic that coverage is one of his weak points and that with the amount of dime we play he’s basically a 2 down linebacker despite those safety roots

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah he was listed as a LB the moment he stepped foot in the building - it’s ironic that coverage is one of his weak points and that with the amount of dime we play he’s basically a 2 down linebacker despite those safety roots
It’s pretty understandable I think, lots of safeties can’t cover (why they’re safeties I guess lol) being able to basically free roam and track the ball when you’re in the deep zone and being able to cover someone/the shallow zones where everything’s moving so fast is pretty different.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
ZDS got my vote just because he started to finally finish plays this year and not fall flat on his face. Not sure if some team is going to overpay him, but I wouldn't mind him back at a reasonable price.