• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens rumors/team draft visits 2019

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Although we're still in an early stage of the draft process, I thought I list the meetings we've had so far. Usually we draft 1-2 player from the senior bowl/shrine game.

• Chase Winovich, Edge and DL, Michigan, (unspecified meeting)
  • Jaylon Ferguson, Edge, LA Tech, private workout
  • Mike Bell, S, Fresno State (pro day)
  • Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M, (private visit)
  • Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida (combine)
  • Lamont Gaillard, OG, Georgia
  • Michael Jackson, CB, Miami
  • Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa
  • Charles Omeniu, DE/Edge, Texas
  • Marquise Blair, S, Utah
  • Jalen Jelks, Edge, Oregon
  • Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
  • Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State
  • Jazz Ferguson, WR, Northwestern State (combine)
  • Nick Allegretti, C, Illinois (pro day)
  • Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State (pro day)
  • Juwann Winfree, WR, Colorado (pro day)

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Important follow up note from a former scout on twitter:

"Going to All Star games/Pro Days, I would be tasked with ensuring I interviewed all the players at my crosscheck position group or area Those interviews were not based on our interest in the player, they were to check boxes in the process Interview doesn't always equal interest"

visits are probably more important than meetings

also important to note that the DC of the East team in the east-west shrine team was a Ravens coach so maybe something to remember with regards to that roster of players

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bummer we didn’t hear about any meetings with adderley, Deebo, or sills. A lot of great guard / centers too at the senior bowl

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Bummer we didn’t hear about any meetings with adderley, Deebo, or sills. A lot of great guard / centers too at the senior bowl
I believe Adderley said he meet with the Ravens. Not 100% on that but I think I read that.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Very happy we met with omenihu, I think he’s gonna be a guy that shoots up boards and could end up a Raven, he’s the ideal replacement for ZDS and likely a major upgrade over what he was in 2018, a moving pass rusher who can provide pressure across the entire front whether at DT or edge.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Very happy we met with omenihu, I think he’s gonna be a guy that shoots up boards and could end up a Raven, he’s the ideal replacement for ZDS and likely a major upgrade over what he was in 2018, a moving pass rusher who can provide pressure across the entire front whether at DT or edge.

i think that's the key if the ravens are drafting him - he can attack from all over the defensive front

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think that's the key if the ravens are drafting him - he can attack from all over the defensive front
He can and will, he is huge and powerful as hell with edge and standup ability, so on base packages he will be awesome as a physical edge setter and bullrusher, on money downs he can go anywhere from 0 to wide 9 and rush, brings great length, and great feet and quickness from the interior