• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

AAF football league

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
#TakeAim

DzpWWjOXcAAorX1.jpg:large

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
That Apollo vs Commanders game was really good.

Yea, it broke my little AAF heart when logan threw that pick 6, I was in the stands and all the energy in the building kinda just got sucked away..

#41 Bausby got burned like Rashaan Melvin in the playoff game against the Pats

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's four guys so far that stand out to me as legit NFL talent, at least on the offensive side of the ball.

Gilbert, QB for the Orlando Apollos. Steve Spurrier got so damn lucky to get a guy like this for his pass happy offense. It'll probably lead to him winning the first couple of championships. Gilbert makes some legit, big boy NFL throws downfield every week and capitalizes on even small separation in the middle of the defense. Just check out this play from yesterday's game, he's running towards the sideline and does a Rodgers-esque throw downfield to the endzone:

At the 6:19 mark. I honestly think Gilbert would be an upgrade for a handful of teams in the NFL.

Perez, QB for the Iron. Basically, he's Dak Prescott. Possibly a bit more instinctive than Dak, being able to throw his guys open rather than wait until they get open. Higher end backup, could take care of things for a run heavy, ball control offense. He would actually be a good backup behind Lamar since he's fairly mobile.

Rashad Ross, WR for the Hotshots. He's a Patriots' style WR. Slot guy that can abuse man coverage against interior defenders and find holes in the zone, and is terrific after the catch.

Zach Stacy, RB for the Memphis Express. I would take him over every RB on our team right now. Great vision, burst, and insane balance. He's a lot like Dixon, but without the injuries and suspensions. Watching him play is basically what you'd expect from an NFL caliber RB facing minor league defenses.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Zach Stacy, RB for the Memphis Express. I would take him over every RB on our team right now. Great vision, burst, and insane balance. He's a lot like Dixon, but without the injuries and suspensions. Watching him play is basically what you'd expect from an NFL caliber RB facing minor league defenses.

pretty sure he had a nearly 1000 yard season for the Rams a few years ago

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's four guys so far that stand out to me as legit NFL talent, at least on the offensive side of the ball.

Gilbert, QB for the Orlando Apollos. Steve Spurrier got so damn lucky to get a guy like this for his pass happy offense. It'll probably lead to him winning the first couple of championships. Gilbert makes some legit, big boy NFL throws downfield every week and capitalizes on even small separation in the middle of the defense. Just check out this play from yesterday's game, he's running towards the sideline and does a Rodgers-esque throw downfield to the endzone:

At the 6:19 mark. I honestly think Gilbert would be an upgrade for a handful of teams in the NFL.

Perez, QB for the Iron. Basically, he's Dak Prescott. Possibly a bit more instinctive than Dak, being able to throw his guys open rather than wait until they get open. Higher end backup, could take care of things for a run heavy, ball control offense. He would actually be a good backup behind Lamar since he's fairly mobile.

Rashad Ross, WR for the Hotshots. He's a Patriots' style WR. Slot guy that can abuse man coverage against interior defenders and find holes in the zone, and is terrific after the catch.

Totally agree about Zach Stacy. What happened to him anyways? He was doing good in the NFL.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, Harbaugh has come out and said that the Ravens absolutely are scouting the AAF, and have people watching every game of it. And that they'll be scouting the XFL as well. Please sign Stacy.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Old fashioned snow game in Salt Lake. Nice. Kinda like that Martini guy at MLB. Just saying.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Iron just did one of the best goal line stands I've ever seen out of a defense at any level. The Commanders got it to the 1 yard line. Ran twice, and shut down both times. They throw and fail, but get a PI, causing it to be first and goal on the 1 again. Over the next three plays they total a half yard loss.

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
The Iron just did one of the best goal line stands I've ever seen out of a defense at any level. The Commanders got it to the 1 yard line. Ran twice, and shut down both times. They throw and fail, but get a PI, causing it to be first and goal on the 1 again. Over the next three plays they total a half yard loss.

Pissed me off Coach needs to run that QB sneak from the 1/2 yard line, my Boy Farrow tore it up today idk why Dustin isn't starting he is supoosedly healed up from his injury, Woodside is not the answer

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pissed me off Coach needs to run that QB sneak from the 1/2 yard line, my Boy Farrow tore it up today idk why Dustin isn't starting he is supoosedly healed up from his injury, Woodside is not the answer
I doubt they find a better QB than Woodside though. At least not this year. Best they can hope for is that a decent, pro style QB gets over looked by the NFL and comes to the AAF.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching the Legends play is like watching the winless Browns and Lions all over again. It's impressive that they can be this bad.

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
I doubt they find a better QB than Woodside though. At least not this year. Best they can hope for is that a decent, pro style QB gets over looked by the NFL and comes to the AAF.

Vaughaun was and is still the better QB, Coach Riley made the decision to keep Woodside after week 1, he cost us against Orlando and SD. Though our Defense didn't help him by not adjusting in the second half against the Apollos

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Johnny Manziel has signed with the AAF and was claimed by the Memphis Express. Memphis has had QB issues this season and hope Johnny Football can change things.