• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Defensive Player of the Year

Who is the Ravens’s Defensive Player of the Year for 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I went with Marlon since it seemed like we did so much better on 3rd downs this year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
honestly it’s tough. Carr was an unsung hero of types but he wasn’t as good as Marlon.

It was between Humphrey and pierce for me, pierce and Humphrey are looking like they’ll be our defensive cornerstone players for years to come, pierce could end up a Grady Jarrett caliber of DT with time, Humphrey might be a top 5 cb. Can’t go wrong either way

..... but I went Humphrey

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I miss voted but I am thinking Pierce. I am not sure for backhalf of the season if Peanut wasn't outplaying Mosley. Carr was the 2nd corner to Humphrey so to me it comes down to Humphrey and Pierce.

Humphrey was a stud and probably top 10, but Pierce was so good he might change the market for his position when its his turn up.

I guess because corners are so valuable to a defense I would go
1. Marlon
1.5 Pierce
3. Peanut (Yes I seriously think he was that good towards the end of the year)
4. Mosley
5. Carr (I mean no disrespect to him when I say that because he was really good and would have been an upgrade for almost any teams starters in the league and the top CB on multiple teams based on how he looked this year...like damn)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I miss voted but I am thinking Pierce. I am not sure for backhalf of the season if Peanut wasn't outplaying Mosley. Carr was the 2nd corner to Humphrey so to me it comes down to Humphrey and Pierce.

Humphrey was a stud and probably top 10, but Pierce was so good he might change the market for his position when its his turn up.

I guess because corners are so valuable to a defense I would go
1. Marlon
1.5 Pierce
3. Peanut (Yes I seriously think he was that good towards the end of the year)
4. Mosley
5. Carr (I mean no disrespect to him when I say that because he was really good and would have been an upgrade for almost any teams starters in the league and the top CB on multiple teams based on how he looked this year...like damn)
Lol, Peanut was good and all but he wasn’t outplaying Mosley. Who do yo think had a hand in him being in the right position.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Marlon. Pierce had a fantastic year but this scheme is putting so much pressure on the DBs that for them to still come down as an elite secondary in those circumstances is nothing short of spectacular.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Peanut is going to be the new Zach Orr isn’t he?

Poor CJ never getting the love he deserves.

But it’s Marlon. CJ is a more important player but Humphrey was a pro bowl snub and a possible top 5 CB next year.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I voted for Humph because he was our best corner this season in a very good secondary. Mosley still had a good year also despite playing with a sprained knee, but Humph was locking receivers down all season and is turning into one of the best corners in the league.