• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Trading Back

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Trade back would be best almost certainly. With names like elgton Jenkins, Deebo Samuel, Hakeem butler, Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs, Chris Lindstrom, Zach Allen, Jerry Tillery, Dalton Risner, Nasir Adderley, jj arcega shoreside, chase winovich, Deionte Thompson, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, dre’mont Jones, Trysten Hill, Nate Davis, David Montgomery etc expected to go in the second and some even in the third, yeah I’d say stocking up on day 2 and making a ton of picks there is best.

We could, not realistically but still possibly, land 3-4 of these names on day 2, if we get a nice trade back. I’d take that over getting someone like Montez sweat or Cody ford or kelvin harmon

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am going on record with this right now; Nassir Adderly is a star and I wouldn't blink if we stayed put at 22 and took him right there.

And to be more in keeping with the thread....I think Darnell Savage is absolutely a first round talent. A perfect draft scenario to me would be a first round trade back that enables us to land both Jenkins and Savage

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am going on record with this right now; Nassir Adderly is a star and I wouldn't blink if we stayed put at 22 and took him right there.

And to be more in keeping with the thread....I think Darnell Savage is absolutely a first round talent. A perfect draft scenario to me would be a first round trade back that enables us to land both Jenkins and Savage
yep, he's my top rated FS in this draft. I'd be surprised to see Savage go in the first round, but do see him going in the 2nd round. I also like what i've seen from Deionte Thompson.

Damn that would be a nice scenario to be able to get both of those guys

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Trade back. Take Mack Wilson at the top of the second. That's our move....

Wilson isn't as polished as CJ was coming out of school but I think he's going to be a day 1 starter and is a likely pro bowler... Possibly as a rookie. He may not be ready to call the defenses yet, but Earl Thomas can handle green dot duties. Dude has tremendous instincts and coverage abilities.

Oh and he hits like a freight train. He plays like a Raven.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Wilson isn't as polished as CJ was coming out of school but I think he's going to be a day 1 starter and is a likely pro bowler... Possibly as a rookie. He may not be ready to call the defenses yet, but Earl Thomas can handle green dot duties. Dude has tremendous instincts and coverage abilities.

Perhaps he should have returned for a senior year but I reckon he's exactly type of guy someone might go for in late RD 1, considering how close the class is overall after top 10-15 guys.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

You think Mack wilson is a significant upgrade over peanut and Kenny young to be taking him with our first pick over others needs like interior Oline and WR?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You think Mack wilson is a significant upgrade over peanut and Kenny young to be taking him with our first pick over others needs like interior Oline and WR?
Definitely a huge upgrade over Peanut. Not sure yet what Young's ceiling is.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im not sold on mack wilson at all to be taking him as our top pick in the draft (even with a trade back)
I like Devin bush far more than Mack Wilson. With a great 2 gapping DL in front of him he should be elite. I do worry that no LB in this class really meshes with Kenny young’s style, but I hold out hope that with guys like Michael pierce and Chris wormley at the 0/1 and 4/5 techs a tandem of bush and young will be maximized regardless. Both guys have incredible range and explosion, both guys do very well when given space or when given a gap to shoot, any gap left behind in the front can and will be exploited by either of those guys, backside or front side, at the very least they’re getting in the backfield and flushing the play out wide, and with guys like Tavon young and tony Jefferson I feel very good about getting a TFL any time a play is flushed out wide.

I’m hoping our DL really shows up next year and allows young and our other LB to flow east and west and keep them untouched, that’s the key, whether we draft Wilson or bush or whoever tf, we need a stout front, with a box safety and an undersized speedy LB like young looking to be key pieces we gotta keep our standup guys unblocked

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
With gronk retiring, I hope fant or Hockenson is there at 22 and NE want to dance. Pick 32, 2 picks in the 2nd round. Juicy.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
With gronk retiring, I hope fant or Hockenson is there at 22 and NE want to dance. Pick 32, 2 picks in the 2nd round. Juicy.
And with their issues at WR, they might be willing to throw a 2nd our way to move up for Fant.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately there seems to be no sound reason that the patriots need to trade with us. The Texans are almost certainly gonna ride with Jordan Akins after a big rookie year, eagles won’t take one of them, colts are unlikely, raiders could use a TE but I don’t see gruden doing it, I think he’s gonna go hard after defense and OL, chargers have Henry returning, Chiefs an obvious no, rams have a few high ceiling TEs that they likely wanna see out, so that leaves the packers. I don’t think the patriots are gonna fork out the value to jump 10 spots when they only need to move up 3 at the most. If fant or hockensen is their guy they honestly have no reason to worry. Now if Houston trades up and a TE needy team is at 23, then it’s on the table

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
1 first round pick and two 2nd for 10 spots in the last tier of the first round? See, this is why I hate those trade back talks. Y'all are never realistic.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
1 first round pick and two 2nd for 10 spots in the last tier of the first round? See, this is why I hate those trade back talks. Y'all are never realistic.

Lol I’m not saying that’s what we will get. I’m just saying they have the ammo we desire for a trade back candidate

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

i like savage, but thornhill is my fav. Who does nassir play for? Im gonna check him out