• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Eric DeCosta Thread

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thank god he took Zay...
I was rather unhappy about the pick because I thought he would be a bust(not that I didn't like him, just Ravens 1st round WRs) but you know you can always be proven wrong, and Cam Smith hasn't played the way I expected.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was rather unhappy about the pick because I thought he would be a bust(not that I didn't like him, just Ravens 1st round WRs) but you know you can always be proven wrong, and Cam Smith hasn't played the way I expected.
yeah, Smith hasn't really gotten on the field. He played in one game and had 5 snaps with 4 in coverage and those snaps were very good. Based on PFF he had an 84.5 grade in coverage. I don't have anything else to go by but PFF in this case.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah, Smith hasn't really gotten on the field. He played in one game and had 5 snaps with 4 in coverage and those snaps were very good. Based on PFF he had an 84.5 grade in coverage. I don't have anything else to go by but PFF in this case.
I just looked at his stats and this is his line 1 tackle 0 of anythign else

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I

I considered him on the level of Gonzalez and Witherspoon, but he really dropped.
I drafted him in the Forum Mock, but didn't consider him as good as Gonzalez and Witherspoon. Thought he was a notch down but definitely thought he was a first rounder. I couldn't understand why he was falling like a rock in the draft process. His tape seemed very good to me.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I drafted him in the Forum Mock, but didn't consider him as good as Gonzalez and Witherspoon. Thought he was a notch down but definitely thought he was a first rounder. I couldn't understand why he was falling like a rock in the draft process. His tape seemed very good to me.
Yes. I considered him CB3, and seeing Porter or maybe Banks wouldn't have surprised me, but Julius Brents...