• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Projected BPA at 22

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He is stiff, but the handwork gets overlooked with him. He’s not a super flashy rusher so he gets overlooked, but he’s really refined with his hands and length translates, and he uses that really well too, he knows how to keep blockers at bay and keep himself clean
no question he has great length and obviously this isn't teachable. It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft or what team is willing to draft him based on his strengths.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
no question he has great length and obviously this isn't teachable. It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft or what team is willing to draft him based on his strengths.
I have a thing about stiff rushers with poor lean, I never ever ever want to draft them, like in any round really, but something is different with sweat, like he still looks legit because he’s stiff but not to the point of being non functional around the bend, and he has a first step that’s not lightning quick but it’s a big stride that he generates great position and leverage with, and he just generally looks like a pro ready rusher, and his combine measurable shocked me because his film wasn’t as explosive as the numbers show, so I already had him as a top 20 talent but that shows he may have a higher ceiling

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
It seems like this front office always throw us a curve ball in round 1. The suprise pick and not a fan favorite

2014 - CJ Mosley (worked out)
Notable fan favorites: zack Martin, OBJ, Marqise Lee, HaHa

2015 - Perriman
Notable fan favorites: Marcus Peters, Landon Collins, Melvin Gordon

2016 - Ronnie stanley (worked out)
Notable fan favorites: Ramsey, deforest Buckner, laremy Tunsil, Vernon Hargreaves

2017 - Marlon Humphrey
Notable fan favorites: OJ Howard, Malik hooker, Derek Barnett, Reuben foster

2018 - Hayden Hurst
Notable fan favorites: DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Derwin James, minkah Fitzpatrick, Quenton nelson

The last 5 drafts, I personally wouldn’t have thought the person we drafted would be the one or even in the discussion.

Sooo with that said, let’s expect the unexpected so we don’t get our hopes up lol.

Who are guys you least probably want to draft with our 1st pick or a name that you don’t think make sense.. he’ll probably have a higher chance being it than all the mocks we do..

Mine: 1. Perris Campbell
2. Rashan Gary
3. Ed Oliver
4. Insert corner name

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I will say that given who was on the board both CJ and Marlon made a ton of sense at the times they were drafted

But yeah Ronnie was a surprise because of the seeming general league-wide consensus on tunsil, I’m not sure anyone saw perriman coming - I was sure with the players left on the board in 2015 that we were gonna trade down/out of the 1st, and in hindsight Hayden hurst should have seemed obvious (and also remember Lamar was a 1st rounder too and that one was not that unforeseen)

Honestly my guess would be that we trade down and/or pick a falling talent who likely would be at a position that none of us would think of as a need (because at 22 it may well be that we get to the board with a guy we consider a top 15 talent still there but they might be a DL or safety or something seemingly surplus to need

So at this point if we stick at 22 I could see nasir adderley maybe as the surprise guy we take because the talent is above what we expect

But Parris Campbell feels like a good choice by you there albeit I think if we grab him we likely trade back first

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
It seems like this front office always throw us a curve ball in round 1. The suprise pick and not a fan favorite

2014 - CJ Mosley (worked out)
Notable fan favorites: zack Martin, OBJ, Marqise Lee, HaHa

2015 - Perriman
Notable fan favorites: Marcus Peters, Landon Collins, Melvin Gordon

2016 - Ronnie stanley (worked out)
Notable fan favorites: Ramsey, deforest Buckner, laremy Tunsil, Vernon Hargreaves

2017 - Marlon Humphrey
Notable fan favorites: OJ Howard, Malik hooker, Derek Barnett, Reuben foster

2018 - Hayden Hurst
Notable fan favorites: DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Derwin James, minkah Fitzpatrick, Quenton nelson

The last 5 drafts, I personally wouldn’t have thought the person we drafted would be the one or even in the discussion.

Sooo with that said, let’s expect the unexpected so we don’t get our hopes up lol.

Who are guys you least probably want to draft with our 1st pick or a name that you don’t think make sense.. he’ll probably have a higher chance being it than all the mocks we do..

Mine: 1. Perris Campbell
2. Rashan Gary
3. Ed Oliver
4. Insert corner name
Could totally see us draft Gary. Wouldnt shock me in the slightest. If he falls of course

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will say that given who was on the board both CJ and Marlon made a ton of sense at the times they were drafted

I remember going into marlon’s draft year. Nobody ever mentioned corner as a 1st round target. It was all about Corey Davis and the 2 WRs. Then Derek Barnett. I remember being shocked when we took marlon.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I remember going into marlon’s draft year. Nobody ever mentioned corner as a 1st round target. It was all about Corey Davis and the 2 WRs. Then Derek Barnett. I remember being shocked when we took marlon.

He objectively made a lot of sense - I was all for other players but everyone else ahead of that pick on my board was gone at that point - it was him and OJ Howard left when we got to our pick

But yeah I was derek barnett and Corey davis’s number 1 cheerleader lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lets have another discussion that is somewhat related to this post. How many of each position group do you believe will be drafted prior to our pick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wanted Barnett or Howard, but I mocked Humphrey to us in the first for like the last 3 mocks leading up to the draft. That felt like a typical Ozzie pick to me.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
lets have another discussion that is somewhat related to this post. How many of each position group do you believe will be drafted prior to our pick.

Well I'm thinking 3 QBs, both the TE's ( Hockensen and Fant ) several passrushers most notably Bosa, Josh Allen, Ferrel, and Sweat, some olinemen like Jonah Williams, Ford and Jawan Taylor also a 4th ( take your pick ), 3 DTs (Williams, Lawrence and Christian Wilkins ), Greedy Williams and 1 safety probally Adderly, both MLBs ( White and Bush ) and 1 WR and there you go.