• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Prospect Visits

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really think he’s our guy, maybe not at 22 but I think his catch radius, and ability to break tackles outweighs the drop concern.
For me, nothing outweighs the drop concerns. Catch radius and yac doesn't matter if you don't actually catch the ball.

For me, nothing outweighs the drop concerns. Catch radius and yac doesn't matter if you don't actually catch the ball.
It’s not like he has bad hands though. There were numerous times on film where he made absurd catches. I don’t think his hands are going to be an issue at the next level. Racking up over 1300 yards with drop concerns is impressive in its own right.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It’s not like he has bad hands though. There were numerous times on film where he made absurd catches. I don’t think his hands are going to be an issue at the next level. Racking up over 1300 yards with drop concerns is impressive in its own right.
he also had the one of the most amount of contested catches.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
He also dropped 11 catchable passes out of like 71.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Wasn’t TO like the all time leader in drops or something?

Here’s my thing.. you gotta be able to catch like an nfl receiver, if you catch with your hands, you attack the ball, you can catch it in a variety of ways meaning over the shoulder, coming back to it, shielding off on crossers, boxing out, then you catch well enough, some really great receivers have struggled with concentration drops, and many of them are forgotten because of all the other great catches they make. I HATE drops, but what I hate even more is an unnatural catcher, a receiver who can only catch in one way like kelvin Benjamin who’s got all the strength in the world but still has to catch all arms and body making his box out worthless, butler has drop problems for sure, but he is also an excellent catcher of the ball because ANY TIME you put it up there’s a good chance he can make a play no matter the situation.

I firmly believe Hakeem butler is gonna be special, I would rather go with a safer prospect, sure, but if we got butler I’m all in on him because you can’t convince me that the dude flat out can’t catch, you don’t put together the career he’s had if you can’t catch.

He also dropped 11 catchable passes out of like 71.

Watch those drops tho! I believe I posted them to this site not long ago. I personally don't think for a second he has bad hands. From my math, while watching his drops I'd say at the MOST he had 7 drops. The others were either PI, deflected, or just horrible throws he somehow got his hands on.

https://twitter.com/abukari/status/1107435518378283009

here's a thread that includes a cutup of all of hakeem butler's "drops"

Lol...most WRs don't even get a shot at #7 and he almost had it while playign through the CB.
I'm not particularly concerned about the drops, but rather with how he breaks his routes allowing DBs to recover. I'd like him to run vertical routes much more than drags and in/outs where he loses too much speed imo

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really think he’s our guy, maybe not at 22 but I think his catch radius, and ability to break tackles outweighs the drop concern.

I keep going back to last year’s draft where Decosta explained why he drafted Lamar.

“In the end, I think you have to have players on your team that have freak qualities.“

Nobody in this year’s draft have those qualities better than Hakeem butler. 6’5 4.48 speed.
He’s a matchup nightmare. You can’t single the guy. If you put a extra on him, that’s 1 less in the box eyeing on Lamar. Plus he imposes his big frame in the blocking department as well.
People have him going 2nd round, I say if he’s our guy, don’t get fancy. Just draft him.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Two new private visits:
  • Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State (PRI)
    • Kaden Elliss, ILB, Idaho (PRI)

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Another new name: Valdosta State CB Stephen Denmark, 6'4 216 lbs (private visit).