• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Edgar Mock #2

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
RAVENS FIRST ROUND SELECTION : CHRIS LINDSTROM - IOL(GUARD) BOSTON COLLEGE
chris.jpg

Lindstrom is a perfect fit for The ravens at guard. Athletic and works well on the move. Anchors and doesn't "lose" in pass protection. I haven't found a play with him being beat. Generates movement in the run game vs. strong and athletic fronts ( see Clemson tape). Intelligent football player. To get a sense of what I think The ravens love about him, watch Miami tape and note the similarity to our scheme with Lamar.
There is some chatter that he might play center but I'm thinking he might begin at right guard with Yanda moving to left guard (or the other way around).
There is a big part of me that would like a center here but Lindstrom is can't miss and a day one impact player.

RAVENS TRADE WITH New England to get into the second round. Ravens receive pick 64 and trade both third round picks to New England to select:

RAVENS SELECTION AT PICK 64: CHASE WINOVICH - OLB MICHIGAN
chase.jpg

Winovich is exactly the type of player The ravens need. Incredible toughs, incredible effort on every play and a bona fide pass rusher. Has great strength, incredibly strong push pull that has proven effective time and time again. great burst off the line to win the edge. Can flatten after the edge and get home. always around the ball. Has ability to get skinny and split defenders and win inside. Have not seen him drop in coverage.

RAVENS SELECT (ROUND FOUR FROM DENVER) : JAKOBI MEYERS - WR - NC STATE
jakobi.jpg

This guy strikes me as a bit of a sleeper. He looks to understand coverages at a pretty high level. good communication with QB on broken plays. terrific ball skills and underrated route runner.

RAVENS SELECT (FOURTH ROUND) - GREG GAINES - D LINE - WASHINGTON
greg.jpg

This is a very good football player that will help solidify the interior front line run defense for years and enable us to feel good about moving on from Brandon Williams. Difficult to move with a double team. Great effort and pursuit at all times. has some pass rush ability but is primarily a guy who plays with good leverage and strength. I think he's an upgrade over Williams in his second year.

RAVENS SELECT - ROUND FIVE - LAMONT GAILLARD - C - GEORGIA
lamont.jpg

Began as a guard at Georgia but has played center for the past two seasons against the highest level of competition. Athletic, very fast out of his snapping of the ball. I'm surprised how little run he gets. appears to hold up well against power opposite him.

RAVENS SELECT - ROUND SIX - TERRONE PRESCOD -GUARD- NC STATE
terrone.jpg

an absolute favorite of mine. a combine snub that I can't figure. A straight up mauler in the run game. To my eyes he has second round talent
RAVENS SELECT - ROUND SIX -
ALEX WESLEY - WR -NORTHERN COLORADO
alex.jpg

Great speed with very good hands. A decided threat to get beyond coverage. A threat in space with the ball in hands. Needs refinement so far as diversity of routes and played against lesser competition for the most part.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Like the picks you made but I'm honestly not a fan of trading both of our 3rds to get into the second. Great pick of Wesley in the 6th and obviously Winovich and Lindstrom will immediately improve our team. Lamont Gaillard was a nice grab in the 4th as well. I just wish we could have done better than Meyers and that's not to say he isn't good either.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like the picks you made but I'm honestly not a fan of trading both of our 3rds to get into the second. Great pick of Wesley in the 6th and obviously Winovich and Lindstrom will immediately improve our team. Lamont Gaillard was a nice grab in the 4th as well. I just wish we could have done better than Meyers and that's not to say he isn't good either.
Ive had a difficult time getting my head around the receivers in this class. It might be that we don't have a second round pick and that a lot of these guys feel like 2nd rounders.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ive had a difficult time getting my head around the receivers in this class. It might be that we don't have a second round pick and that a lot of these guys feel like 2nd rounders.
and I believe many will be there in the 3rd round due to the overabundance of day two talent.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Someone (likely at a position if need) is going to fall but I’m with mania, giving up 2 3s to go get Winovich is a bit too rich for me tbh
But its really only giving up the 3rd round compensatory. To me, its an easy give, especially considering we pick ten spots later (from Flacco). Winovich is a legit edge guy.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
The emotions that will go through me sitting through 3 rounds of prospects and hearing all the WRs taken in front of us... I don’t think I can take it.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not gonna watch the draft over the 2 days. Turning off notifications for it too. When the draft is over, I'll appear on here and see what the bleep has happened.

I'm certain we're trading back in the first anyway and might not have a first day pick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not gonna watch the draft over the 2 days. Turning off notifications for it too. When the draft is over, I'll appear on here and see what the bleep has happened.

I'm certain we're trading back in the first anyway and might not have a first day pick.
I'd be for this if we got two day 2 picks or a high pick next year. I feel pick # 22 isn't going to be much different than pick 50 talent wise.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I would LOVE this draft, like seriously, I haven’t watched prescod or the last pick, but I could honestly see every one of the other guys getting significant play time and making a significant impact for us from day one. Lindstrom is still up near the top of my big board at 22 and would probably still be in my top 5 if we were picking 10 spots earlier. Winovich is the sleeper of this draft, he’s pigeonholed and I think it’s because he’s white(we know the white player stereotypes) but he is way more explosive than he’s given credit for and looks like a real deal edge rusher who is gonna have to work on his standup game

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Greg Gaines will absolutely not be available that late. No how no way. If this happened tho hell yeah I'd take it.