• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 53 Man Roster (As of Right Now)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This would be my guess

1. Brandon Williams
  2. Michael Pierce
  3. Chris Wormley
  4. Bronson Kaufusi
  5. Brent Urban
  6. Willie Henry

1. CJ Mosley
  2. Kamalei Correa
  3. Patrick Onwuasor
  4. Tyus Bowser
  5. Tim Williams
  6. Matt Judon
  7. Terrell Suggs
  8. Albert McClellen

1. Eric Weddle
  2. Tony Jefferson
  3. Jimmy Smith
  4. Tavon Young
  5. Marlon Humphrey
  6. Brandon Carr
  7. Maurice Canaday
  8. Lardarius Webb
  9. Chuck Clark
  10. Sheldon Price

1. Joe Flacco
  2. Ryan Mallett

1. Ronnie Stanley
  2. Marshal Yanda
  3. Nico Siragusa
  4. Ryan Jensen
  5. Stephane Nembot
  6. Alex Lewis
  7. De’Ondre Wesley
  8. John Urschel
  9. James Hurst
  10. Jermain Eluemunor

1. Chris Moore
  2. Breshard Perriman
  3. Michael Campanaro
  4. Chris Matthews
  5. Mike Wallace
  6. Tim Patrick

1. Dennis Pitta
  2. Crockett Gilmore
  3. Nick Boyle
  4. Darren Waller
  5. Maxx Williams

1. Justin Tucker
  2. Sam Koch
  3. Morgan Cox

1. Kenneth Dixon
  2. Terrence West
  3. Danny Woodhead

jboy19

Pro Bowler
My Week 1 53-Man Prediction (Early)

QB: Flacco, Mallett (2)
RB: West, Woodhead, Allen (3)
WR: Perriman, Wallace, Moore, Campanaro, Matthews (5)
TE: Pitta, Gillmore, Boyle, Williams, Waller (5)
OT: Stanley, Wesley, Hurst (3)
OG: Yanda, Lewis, Siragusa, Eluemunor (4)
C: Jensen, Urschel (2)

DE: Wormley, Urban, Kaufusi (3)
NT: Williams, Pierce (2)
DT: Davis, Henry (2)
RUSH: Suggs, Judon, T. Williams (3)
WILL: Correa, Onwuasor (2)
MIKE: Mosley (1)
SAM: McClellan, Bowser, Z. Smith (3)
CB: J. Smith, Carr, Young, Humphrey, Canaday (5)
FS: Weddle, Webb (2)
SS: Jefferson, Levine, Clark (3)

ST: Tucker, Koch, Cox (3)

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would not sell the chances that Watson makes the Ravens roster. I know he is older and coming off an injury but clearly the play that the Ravens had there last season was not good enough so they might still try putting a new body in there if only temporarily.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
So here's how I think things turn out for Week 1:

QB: Flacco, Mallett (2)
RB: West, Woodhead, Allen, Mizzell (4)
WR: Maclin, Wallace, Perriman, Campanaro, Moore (5)
TE: Boyle, Watson, Williams, Donnell (4)
OT: Stanley, Howard, Hurst, Wesley (4)
OG: Yanda, Skura, Eluemunor (3)
C: Jensen, Zuttah (2)

DT: Williams, Pierce, Davis, Henry (4)
DE: Urban, Kaufusi, Wormley, Ricard (4)
OLB: Suggs, Judon, Smith, Bowser, Williams (5)
MLB: Mosley, Correa, Onwuasor, Bradley (4)
CB: Smith, Carr, Humphrey, Hill (4)
S: Weddle, Jefferson, Webb, Levine, Clark (5)

ST: Tucker, Koch, Cox (3)

Couple Tight Calls for me:

5 WRs: 6 would probably be preferable, but Adeboyejo hasn't played very well. Reynolds hasn't shown anything, aside from his nice punt return. Griff Whalen might have the best chance as an ST guy.

Donnell: Was hesitant to put him on here, but he's been a solid red-zone target at a position with a lot of injury question marks.

Wesley: Honestly, I'd expect a waiver-pickup to end up on the roster over what we have seen from Wesley (or Nembot/Shakir), but for now he seems to have gotten the most play time over the remaining guys. Still consider that to be a sort of placeholder though tbh.

8 DL: A trade might happen eventually, but I doubt that the team would let one walk for free. This setup would be a managable way to keep them all, but at least 2 would probably end up inactive every week.

4 CB: Seems low, but considering that Webb likely starts at the nickel (for now) and Levine has had some work as an emergency corner before, they might be confident with this set up. Plus with Canady likely to be a DFR guy, this might be a reasonable risk early on.

ST: Going to have some issues without McClellan, but this roster lineup would probably feature a solid ST group with guys like Levine, Clark, Onwuasor, Bradley, Allen, Moore, etc.

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
That's pretty close to how I see it.
The only differences being -

I can't see us keeping only 4 corners. I think Price or Wade makes it at the expense of a TE - Watson or Donnell, especially as Ricard gives us cover for a blocking TE.

I don't see us keeping all 8 Defensive linemen, even though they're all so good. Wormley has been the least impressive in preseason, but he's a recent draft pick, so it might be Henry or Kaufusi to go. I'd hate that to happen, but it might if we can't do a trade.

Chris Matthews is good on special teams. He has impressed more than the young recievers and gives us a bigger target so they might want to find a place for him instead of a D-lineman. Personallly I'd keep them all and drop Chris Moore but he's a recent draft pick so it won't happen.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's pretty close to how I see it.
The only differences being -

I can't see us keeping only 4 corners. I think Price or Wade makes it at the expense of a TE - Watson or Donnell, especially as Ricard gives us cover for a blocking TE.

I don't see us keeping all 8 Defensive linemen, even though they're all so good. Wormley has been the least impressive in preseason, but he's a recent draft pick, so it might be Henry or Kaufusi to go. I'd hate that to happen, but it might if we can't do a trade.

Chris Matthews is good on special teams. He has impressed more than the young recievers and gives us a bigger target so they might want to find a place for him instead of a D-lineman. Personallly I'd keep them all and drop Chris Moore but he's a recent draft pick so it won't happen.
Not a chance we let one of our dl go without a trade, outside of Ricard, and I think he makes it due to versatility. Kaufusi has been very good in preseason and Wormley has talent but will probably red flag for a season like Henry did last year.

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
Not a chance we let one of our dl go without a trade, outside of Ricard, and I think he makes it due to versatility. Kaufusi has been very good in preseason and Wormley has talent but will probably red flag for a season like Henry did last year.
I wouldn't want to see any of that talent walk away but can we keep them all? Would we have enough athletic guys for special teams with almost 20 linemen on the roster, for example? These aren't rhetorical questions, I genuinely don't know if it's possible once injuries happen.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't want to see any of that talent walk away but can we keep them all? Would we have enough athletic guys for special teams with almost 20 linemen on the roster, for example? These aren't rhetorical questions, I genuinely don't know if it's possible once injuries happen.

Never know when a player will magically find their way to IR. But even in the absence of that, youd probably just have 3 as regular gameday inactives.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Is Onwuasor pretty much a lock, if he wasn't already, now that McClellan is hurt?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Is Onwuasor pretty much a lock, if he wasn't already, now that McClellan is hurt?
I think he was a lock even before. The guy played well even last year and is really good on special teams and slowly working his way onto the defense. I actually really liked the way he played last season when Mosley went down the last couple games.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I think he was a lock even before. The guy played well even last year and is really good on special teams and slowly working his way onto the defense. I actually really liked the way he played last season when Mosley went down the last couple games.
Thanks, I thought that too, but I wasn't sure.

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
Never know when a player will magically find their way to IR. But even in the absence of that, youd probably just have 3 as regular gameday inactives.

Other than Wormley, the the others are too good for fake IR when they could just speak out, leave and start somewhere else. So I suppose he'll get injured this week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Other than Wormley, the the others are too good for fake IR when they could just speak out, leave and start somewhere else. So I suppose he'll get injured this week.
It's been a long time since I've seen a defensive line this deep on any team. 3-4 or 4-3