• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 53 Man Roster (As of Right Now)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Are you sure? If that was the case, that would add in like another 2 OL and 2 CB to the 53 right at least right?

I don't know that they do. We had 19 players on I.R. in 2014. Had they counted, we would've dressed 30 players for the final game.

No of course the don't, I was on mobile responding to Samis pick of the final 53 and he was including our IRd players

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
This is who I think will be on the 53 after the final cuts, and I may do another after the 4th game.

Some thoughts: I don't feel like Ortiz or Taliaferro have really done enough to dedicate a roster spot to the FB position. I also might add a 4th TE to make up for not having a FB. I got stuck around 50, and I wasn't sure who could play special teams, so I added a WR and some DBs. I think Canady will make the roster and return later in the season.

QB(2): Flacco, Mallett

RB(4): West, Woodhead, Allen, Mizzell

OL(8): Stanley, Jensen, Yanda, Howard, Zuttah, Eluemunor, Skura, Hurst

TE(3): Boyle, Maxx Williams, Watson

WR(6): Wallace, Maclin, Perriman, Moore, Campanaro, Whalen/Matthews

DL(7): B. Williams, Pierce, Urban, Henry, Kaufusi, Wormley, Davis

OLB(5): Suggs, Smith, Judon, Bowser, T. Williams

ILB(4): Mosley, Onwuasor, Correa, Bradley

CB(6): Smith, Carr, Humphrey, Canady(IR), Hill, Boykin

S(5): Weddle, Jefferson, Webb, Levine, Clark

ST(3): Tucker, Koch, Cox

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So here's what i have so far and i think its similar to most peoples - but ive jazzed it up a little with some more conjecture to make it a little more interesting

obviously canady i expect to make the initial 53 so that he can be I/R-DTR
so with the fact that canady i expect to be i/r-dtr guy im just doing the rest as the week 1 53 man roster...
I'm also pretty sure at this point that we either keep ortiz or ricard and im pretty sure its ricard we end up keeping because not only is he playing full back and defensive tackle, he's also playing tight end as a 6th lineman essentially in short yardage situations which is particularly useful when our line struggles to move defenders off the ball - this also allows us to only keep 3 tight ends
i feel like wormley might end up mysteriously on i/r at some point in the next week or so to facilitate canady making the initial 53 and to then make room for a waiver pickup or roster cut from some other team at OLine or something

QB(2): Flacco, Mallett
RB(4): West, Allen, Woodhead, Mizzell
TE(3): Watson, Boyle, Williams
OL(9): Stanley, Yanda, Howard, Jensen, Skura, Zuttah, Hurst, Eluemunor, (9th lineman is a final day roster cut i think)
WR(5): Perriman, Wallace, Maclin, Moore, Campanaro

DL(7): Williams, Pierce, Urban, Davis, Henry, Kaufusi, Ricard
OLB(5): Suggs, Judon, Smith, Bowser, Williams
ILB(4): Mosley, Correa, Onwuasor, Bam
S(5): Weddle, Jefferson, Levine, Webb, Clark
CB(5): Smith, Carr, Humphrey, Hill, Price/Wade (really not sure which way this one will go) (and then of course i expect Canady to have been put on i/r before we play week 1
ST: Tucker, Koch, Cox

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
QB: Flacco, Mallet(2)
RB: West, Allen, Woodhead, Mizzell(4)
WR: Maclin, Wallace, Perriman, Moore, Campanaro(5)
TE:Boyle, Williams, Watson(3)
LT: Stanley, Hurst(2)
LG:Hurst(FUCK YOU OZZIE), Eluemenor(1)
C: Jensen, Skura(2)
RG: Yanda, Skura(1)
RT: Howard, Wesley(2)

Total Offensive players: 22

Defense:
DL: Brandon Williams, Bronson Kaufausi, Wormley(3)
NT: Micheal Pierce, Carl Davis(2)
DL: Brent Urban, Willie Henry, Patrick Ricard(3)

OLB: Terrell Suggs, Za'Darius Smith, Tim Williams(3)
ILB: CJ Mosley, Correa(2)
ILB: Peanut, Bam Bradley(2)
OLB: Matt Judon, Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams(3)

CB: Jimmy Smith, Jaylen Hill, Trevin Wade(3)
CB: Marlon Humphrey, Brandon Carr(2)
FS: Weddle, Webb(2)
SS: Jefferson, Levine(2)

Total Defensive players: 27

Special Teams
K: Tucker(duh)
P: Koch(duh)

Total Players: 51. Two more players might make the team that I don't anticipate(hopefully another addition on the oline).

But that's my two cents.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lost did you forget Cox or did I miss something happening to him?
Ah I forgot Cox.
52007974.jpg

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wormley going on IR would make things easier, it sucks that he's basically a wasted roster spot if not

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean he clearly is but you can't dress 53 anyway so it hardly matters. We stress about the 53 but it's really the 47 who matter.