• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simba

Staff Member
IDK, a lot of evaluators had him highly rated and if you google his name it seems like a lot of people are scratching their heads as to why he has not been picked up.

Happens every year though. There are always guys evaluators love that go undrafted and end up flaming out of the league. Sometimes, the media knows as much as we do - absolutely nothing.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Riley Reid approves
best signing of the day ends up in Chicago

s-l300.jpg

The iOL issue is just how the board fell I think. Some available in the 1st, but the FO decided receiver was a bigger need. I guess that was a near-50/50 decision. Would have wanted iOL personally but the best two were gone and I'm very happy with the Hollywood pick. YAC ability will be awesome with Lamar. Also, for those who were worried about him being like his cousin, I read somewhere that they only met a few years ago.

If we'd had our 2nd rounder, that's when they might have made the iOL pick, but when we were on the clock in the 3rd the value guys were already gone and they didn't want to reach. Seems sensible, but it still leaves a worry. I can't comment on the ability of individuals, but at least from my perspective they drafted the correct positions (except iOL for good reasons). Time will tell whose evaluations were correct.

Also, thank you all for great entertainment - I didn't stay up for the draft because I'm in the UK and have a new baby, but catching up on here and knowing who the picks were, the build up to the inevitable meltdowns and then the payoff was great value :D

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The iOL issue is just how the board fell I think. Some available in the 1st, but the FO decided receiver was a bigger need. I guess that was a near-50/50 decision. Would have wanted iOL personally but the best two were gone and I'm very happy with the Hollywood pick. YAC ability will be awesome with Lamar. Also, for those who were worried about him being like his cousin, I read somewhere that they only met a few years ago.

If we'd had our 2nd rounder, that's when they might have made the iOL pick, but when we were on the clock in the 3rd the value guys were already gone and they didn't want to reach. Seems sensible, but it still leaves a worry. I can't comment on the ability of individuals, but at least from my perspective they drafted the correct positions (except iOL for good reasons). Time will tell whose evaluations were correct.

Also, thank you all for great entertainment - I didn't stay up for the draft because I'm in the UK and have a new baby, but catching up on here and knowing who the picks were, the build up to the inevitable meltdowns and then the payoff was great value :D

We got our #1 choice at receiver. Might not have been able to say that about iOL.

If we want him to be taysom hill then he has to be someone we like as a special teamer also because otherwise we’d save a roster spot and use RGIII in stead
Absolutely he’s either able to play STs or he won’t make the cut. Very rare you are able to keep a QB3 on your roster because of ST play but that’s likely the path to the 53 for McSorley.

yeah since KO

KO even said when he left us that we didn't value the O line as much as we should.
Right ... and had we valued Oline as much as we should and signed KO to the contract OAK signed him to you’d be listing it with all the other “bad contracts” that our foolish FO gas handed out.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Right ... and had we valued Oline as much as we should and signed KO to the contract OAK signed him to you’d be listing it with all the other “bad contracts” that our foolish FO gas handed out.
If we signed KO we wouldn’t have signed Brandon Williams and yes KO would be under the bad contracts category but we’d have a vastly improved OL and wouldn’t be paying a 2 down NT as if he was a borderline pro bowl pass rusher. I’m with Sami on this one