• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The iOL issue is just how the board fell I think. Some available in the 1st, but the FO decided receiver was a bigger need. I guess that was a near-50/50 decision. Would have wanted iOL personally but the best two were gone and I'm very happy with the Hollywood pick. YAC ability will be awesome with Lamar. Also, for those who were worried about him being like his cousin, I read somewhere that they only met a few years ago.

If we'd had our 2nd rounder, that's when they might have made the iOL pick, but when we were on the clock in the 3rd the value guys were already gone and they didn't want to reach. Seems sensible, but it still leaves a worry. I can't comment on the ability of individuals, but at least from my perspective they drafted the correct positions (except iOL for good reasons). Time will tell whose evaluations were correct.

Also, thank you all for great entertainment - I didn't stay up for the draft because I'm in the UK and have a new baby, but catching up on here and knowing who the picks were, the build up to the inevitable meltdowns and then the payoff was great value :D

haha thanks for being here dude - another ravens fan from the UK always welcome - there's starting to become quite a few of us

and i think the thing about the first round is that they took BPA - rumour was that the only other player who was near consideration at that pick was jawaan taylor but that ultimately hollywood was higher on the board and they didnt overthink it after that

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
haha thanks for being here dude - another ravens fan from the UK always welcome - there's starting to become quite a few of us

and i think the thing about the first round is that they took BPA - rumour was that the only other player who was near consideration at that pick was jawaan taylor but that ultimately hollywood was higher on the board and they didnt overthink it after that
I actually thought there was a solid chance they took Taylor, he was clearly the bpa as far as on the field but needs and other factors played a part.

When we were on the clock I figured it would be brown, dk, or Taylor, and I leaned toward brown because of how Eric and harbs have been speaking about building this team, the whole blocking receiver thing felt like smoke and I thought they wanted to just add playmakers and reliable catchers in general.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I actually thought there was a solid chance they took Taylor, he was clearly the bpa as far as on the field but needs and other factors played a part.

When we were on the clock I figured it would be brown, dk, or Taylor, and I leaned toward brown because of how Eric and harbs have been speaking about building this team, the whole blocking receiver thing felt like smoke and I thought they wanted to just add playmakers and reliable catchers in general.

i mean i dont think taylor was clearly bpa over brown - but i realise that im one of the few people who had brown as high on the board as i did

but it may have been one of those cases on the ravens board of 2 guys with the same grade where the need factor was the decider (for obvious reasons) - id also assumed that the ravens didnt have taylor top of their board when they traded back because they probably would have expected houston to take him and that was something they were ok with (otherwise they wouldnt have done the trade)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i mean i dont think taylor was clearly bpa over brown - but i realise that im one of the few people who had brown as high on the board as i did

but it may have been one of those cases on the ravens board of 2 guys with the same grade where the need factor was the decider (for obvious reasons) - id also assumed that the ravens didnt have taylor top of their board when they traded back because they probably would have expected houston to take him and that was something they were ok with (otherwise they wouldnt have done the trade)
this is where best player available based on need comes into a play.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If Bozeman and Powers start I’m not worried at all. It’s hard to have a bad interior oline class and next year with gobs of money I’d just pay for one if it fails this year.

If Bozeman and Powers start I’m not worried at all. It’s hard to have a bad interior oline class and next year with gobs of money I’d just pay for one if it fails this year.
How long did it take for Harbaugh to make what seemed to be the obvious move of getting Orlando Brown out there at RT last year? Seemed like forever. Since Bozeman has been with us for a year, he might be given a fair chance to beat Skura out of his job, but It seems like it is going to take an injury to get Powers to take Hurst's spot.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How long did it take for Harbaugh to make what seemed to be the obvious move of getting Orlando Brown out there at RT last year? Seemed like forever. Since Bozeman has been with us for a year, he might be given a fair chance to beat Skura out of his job, but It seems like it is going to take an injury to get Powers to take Hurst's spot.

but clearly there will be a competition for those spots unlike last year where the whole way the coaching staff said James Hurst was RT, Skura was C and Alex Lewis was LG - very clearly the coaching staff (and EDC) have said that while Hurst and Skura are the starters as it stands there's a very clear competition at those spots - EDC literally one of the first things he said about powers was that he was coming in to compete for the LG spot

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Chris Lindstrom was well worth it.
Just awesome.
He could’ve went top 10 and I’d say worth it. People are actually shitting on the falcons taking him and they clearly didn’t watch an ounce of film on lindstrom. Dude is honestly like 75% of what Quentin Nelson was and the same style of player, and that is good enough to become a pro bowler

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
He could’ve went top 10 and I’d say worth it. People are actually shitting on the falcons taking him and they clearly didn’t watch an ounce of film on lindstrom. Dude is honestly like 75% of what Quentin Nelson was and the same style of player, and that is good enough to become a pro bowler
He's effortless against high caliber players. Great pick. You see him absolutely control guys like Willis and Tillery...move them 10 yards down the field and they can't get off.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He's effortless against high caliber players. Great pick. You see him absolutely control guys like Willis and Tillery...move them 10 yards down the field and they can't get off.
There’s a reason he was 2 on my board for the ravens after Jerry Tillery. Disappointed and not the least bit shocked he went as early as he did.

Idk wtf the falcons were thinking trading up for mcgary in the first but they got a hell of an OL improvement with him. If mcgary is like ten times better than I think he is then the falcons with their explosive skill players, and playmaking defense, turned back into a SB favorite with just the first round. If they’re healthy and the OL improves massively then yeah, they’ll be contending