• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Perriman and WR Hype

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So this is new... this isn't reporter hype, this isn't harbs coach speak...

Players have went out on a limb and said perriman has had the best OTAs of any raven. Pitta, flacco, and Wallace are among those who have made these claims.

Count me among the few who has been on the hype train since about a week after we drafted him. Didn't like the pick, but the more I analyzed him and our teams needs, I warmed up more and more until it was a full steam hype train. Injuries happen, raw guys need to develop, and it is possible, that we finally found our receiver. POSSIBLE, not "it's gonna happen", but possible.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Hopefully he can build on OTAs and put it all together for the regular season.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I'll believe it when he produces in preseason and regular season. Never liked the pick. I root for him but never warmed up to Perriman pick

Like Flex, I wasn't big on us drafting Perriman, but I've gained confidence in him from seeing flashes of great potential from last season.

Not only is it exciting to hear key players talking him up, but it's been awesome because it's seemed to of calmed down the fan base with all the "we need a proven superstar veteran we ASAP" talk.
[doublepost=1495850272,1495850069][/doublepost]Also if Perriman really lives up to the hype. Next off season, we can really focus on beefing up our offensive line and depending on how West and Dixon play, maybe look into drafting a premier RB.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
As much as I loved watching all the OTA highlight clips of perriman, I'll still wait to see how he do in real games.

I think Steve smith was talking about possible early round WRs ravens could target during the draft. Steve saw upclose this WR group and didn't shoot down the fact that they don't need a WR early. Sooo unless perriman went to a WR guru over the summer to work on his craft, we'll see how much he improved.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
As much as I loved watching all the OTA highlight clips of perriman, I'll still wait to see how he do in real games.

I think Steve smith was talking about possible early round WRs ravens could target during the draft. Steve saw upclose this WR group and didn't shoot down the fact that they don't need a WR early. Sooo unless perriman went to a WR guru over the summer to work on his craft, we'll see how much he improved.

That is because the Ravens are right now only 2 deep at receiver in Wallace and Perriman and then an injury riddled Camp and a late round 2nd year prospect were the next 2 on the depth chart. So whether Perriman suddenly decides to be Antonio Brown or not the Ravens still would have needed a 1st round WR.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Joey, if this jinxes anything with regards to Breshad. I swear to god I will roast you harder than I did anyone else on the last day of the forum :p .

That said. The recieving corps isn't what scares me. Still angry with Ozzie about the damn offensive line and basically ignoring it.

I'm rooting hard for Breshad. He's got all the talent to be a #1 NFL WR.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Of course he will do well in otas. He's an athlete a physical speciman. None of the defenders will be able to stick with him in shorts.

I'd be worried if someone like Perriman or a john Ross or even a campanoro wasn't standing out in otas with the athletic ability

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Of course he will do well in otas. He's an athlete a physical speciman. None of the defenders will be able to stick with him in shorts.

I'd be worried if someone like Perriman or a john Ross or even a campanoro wasn't standing out in otas with the athletic ability

Exactly. Our receivers always look good early. Let's wait until pads come on, Flacco's throw window shrinks and defenders start hitting our boys.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Exactly. Our receivers always look good early. Let's wait until pads come on, Flacco's throw window shrinks and defenders start hitting our boys.
He needs the practice with Joe, so this should help his confidence going forward. I think it could be a good sign that he's already looking good, but I'll wait to see how he does in preseason games.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
He needs the practice with Joe, so this should help his confidence going forward. I think it could be a good sign that he's already looking good, but I'll wait to see how he does in preseason games.
This is how I see it to. It's great that he's building chemistry with Flacco, which is really important. And it's building his confidence. It's a great sign, but I'll wait until he does it during a game (even a preseason game) to get really hyped.

If Perriman does live up to his potential, he'll be the best WR in Ravens' history.

Wont go too far with the hype but its very good to see him standing out to veteran players. He seems very humble and focused. The sky is the limit for him.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I was not a fan of the pick, as it was need based, obviously. But just like in my bold prediction thread, i have stated i think he breaks out: over 1k and double digit TDs. My thing is, while SSr was a great addition to this team, it hindered him getting more in-game snaps and obviously a TC with Joe would help, just a hunch. I dont expect him to be Julio or Dez, but we dont need him to be that...

The Greek

Veteran
the team needs him to be the guy we all envisioned him to be. i just hope he is utilized as an all around receiver and not just sent on deep patterns.

Joey, if this jinxes anything with regards to Breshad. I swear to god I will roast you harder than I did anyone else on the last day of the forum :p .

That said. The recieving corps isn't what scares me. Still angry with Ozzie about the damn offensive line and basically ignoring it.

I'm rooting hard for Breshad. He's got all the talent to be a #1 NFL WR.
I'm with you. Even if everything comes up roses and Jensen/Urschel are a lot better than they looked last year and if these late round draft picks bloom really, really, quickly, we're still an average unit that is an injury away from being sub-par ... again.

Maybe I just need to be a little more patient and wait for the magic to happen. Maybe June 1 will bring cuts that we're anticipating and we'll pounce aggressively and get help along our front, but I'm real concerned about that unit now. Maybe the new blood in the coaching staff will transform underperformers into overachievers, but that's a fool hearty approach IMO.