• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore Justice Hill, Ben Powers, and Iman Marshall

I'm glad to see some positivity about him because he seems to be the least favourite pick on these boards.

You're in good company, too:
“It ended up being very fortuitous for us, because he was there, and there was some elation in the draft room,” DeCosta said. “Coach Martindale was very excited to get him, and it was a good feeling.”
(from the Ravens website)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Someone called into 105.7 and said they wanted Bryce love over justice hill... Ed, rob, and mike Preston all agreed dead ass that hill brings something that we don’t have, home run speed, and getting to the perimeter, while Bryce love is what we already have in all 3 of our runningbacks and that love is a downhill guy who isn’t gonna break tackle angles and bring speed...

You can’t make this shit up. And I usually respect Ed and rob man. Smfh

I'm glad to see some positivity about him because he seems to be the least favourite pick on these boards.

You're in good company, too:
“It ended up being very fortuitous for us, because he was there, and there was some elation in the draft room,” DeCosta said. “Coach Martindale was very excited to get him, and it was a good feeling.”
(from the Ravens website)

I think he’s flying a bit under the radar right now because of the playmakers drafted on offense, but IMO he could prove to be our best pick. I think he has the potential.

It's more than just flying under the radar though - I'm seeing active pessimism about the pick because of a perceived lack of bend and a concern that he won't translate well to the NFL. I really hope he does; we will probably need two out of him, Williams and Bowser to step up this year to not waste our lockdown secondary.

It's more than just flying under the radar though - I'm seeing active pessimism about the pick because of a perceived lack of bend and a concern that he won't translate well to the NFL. I really hope he does; we will probably need two out of him, Williams and Bowser to step up this year to not waste our lockdown secondary.

He has great burst speed and good hands, along with power. He has been a sack machine in college. He has a knack for getting to the QB and he plays the run well. He’ll get coached up on technique, but I think he has the physical skills to be good. The question for me is how soon he can contribute.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I finally figured out who Powers' quotes remind me of
giphy.gif

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Thanks Rossi. I'm really not sure how that happens but I'm glad that there are plenty of Ravens channels for all of us to enjoy. I blame @JoeyFlex5 ....and not just for the you tube
I wanted to make videos lol but I’m just camera/mic shy man. And plus I know Jack shit about video editing

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Aside from Powers becoming a living meme... He's nothing special... But I think he's going to be better than average. He's a guy like Ronald Leary or Clint Boling. Not perfect, you could do better, but some *cough* @Sami84 *cough* have to realize that not every player on your offensive line is going to be a high level starter. You'll be lucky to have 1, let alone 3 like those cowboys had. But even then, 2014. Leary and Doug Free. Not dominant, but good players that you are comfortable.

"But lost, you've constantly criticized James Hurst and Matt Skura. You don't really understand that every player is not going to be dominant".

Yeah no. Weak argument. Hurst and Skura are garbage and shouldn't be starting. Leary and Boling aren't anything special but should be starting.

Powers to me is like Bozeman. A ten year starter in this league, and one you don't worry about replacing.

We won't start him day one at LG because of Harbaugh and the fact that he's never good to rookies(even when they deserve it). But Powers is a better pick than I gave him credit for, though I do think Samia would've been a better fit.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Aside from Powers becoming a living meme... He's nothing special... But I think he's going to be better than average. He's a guy like Ronald Leary or Clint Boling. Not perfect, you could do better, but some *cough* @Sami84 *cough* have to realize that not every player on your offensive line is going to be a high level starter. You'll be lucky to have 1, let alone 3 like those cowboys had. But even then, 2014. Leary and Doug Free. Not dominant, but good players that you are comfortable.

"But lost, you've constantly criticized James Hurst and Matt Skura. You don't really understand that every player is not going to be dominant".

Yeah no. Weak argument. Hurst and Skura are garbage and shouldn't be starting. Leary and Boling aren't anything special but should be starting.

Powers to me is like Bozeman. A ten year starter in this league, and one you don't worry about replacing.

We won't start him day one at LG because of Harbaugh and the fact that he's never good to rookies(even when they deserve it). But Powers is a better pick than I gave him credit for, though I do think Samia would've been a better fit.

oh believe me if he's ronald leary i'll be delighted. That's a far bigger upgrade over hurst and lewis. Sadly, i don't see him being that. Boling would be his ceiling. Anything more would be one heck of a happy moment.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
oh believe me if he's ronald leary i'll be delighted. That's a far bigger upgrade over hurst and lewis. Sadly, i don't see him being that. Boling would be his ceiling. Anything more would be one heck of a happy moment.
Boling is also a big upgrade over Hurst and Skura. This guy is a starter at the next level and a solid one at that.

I get that you want every player to be flat out dominant but that’s just not realistic at all. Get a grip on reality.

My frustration with the oline comes from Harbaugh. We’ve had definitive upgrades on the roster for what’s going to be a second year in a row that would make the team better and we don’t use them.