• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Daylon Mack

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
mack truck.gif

Watch out QBs. Here I come.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm starting to believe that picking past round 4 is almost just playing the lottery and hoping you get lucky. He seems like a good position to bet on so yay to that. As for the rest, all down to luck

Charm City

Pro Bowler
A line of Seiler - Pierce - Mack - Ferguson...... after we cut Brandon Williams after this year looks really nice

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Mack looks a lot like Pierce. Raw but incredibly athletic for his size. I think the Ravens are hoping he becomes another Pierce.
Mack has not only the athletic ability to fire off the ball faster than his whole line, but an innate ability to anticipate and time it as well, something that gives him an upper hand over pierce as a pass rusher.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'm starting to believe that picking past round 4 is almost just playing the lottery and hoping you get lucky. He seems like a good position to bet on so yay to that. As for the rest, all down to luck
Even though i dont believe in luck, i understand where youre coming from

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Michael Pierce, Daylon Mack and Gerald Willis sounds good to me.
Someone call pees up and swindle a trade for B.Will

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
5 man Rushing from the 3-4 with the ravens:
Judon - Mack - pierce - Willis - ferguson

Ferguson and judon interchangeable with Tim Williams for when you want a lot more speed rush.

That’s a disgusting 5 man rush... and the best thing is that our secondary holds up, we can rush 5 essentially all the time, we can go 5 rushers and 6 DBs with one db disguising, either blitz or cover, and those 6 DBs will hold up more often than not.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
5 man Rushing from the 3-4 with the ravens:
Judon - Mack - pierce - Willis - ferguson

Ferguson and judon interchangeable with Tim Williams for when you want a lot more speed rush.

That’s a disgusting 5 man rush... and the best thing is that our secondary holds up, we can rush 5 essentially all the time, we can go 5 rushers and 6 DBs with one db disguising, either blitz or cover, and those 6 DBs will hold up more often than not.

dont forget that we've got willie henry coming back as well as seeing how sieler progresses... i wonder if we'll see more of judon standing up and rushing from the middle - or maybe jaylon ferguson takes over that ZDS look that we'd give where we can move him all over the interior in our dime sub-package

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
dont forget that we've got willie henry coming back as well as seeing how sieler progresses... i wonder if we'll see more of judon standing up and rushing from the middle - or maybe jaylon ferguson takes over that ZDS look that we'd give where we can move him all over the interior in our dime sub-package
I think ferguson is the obvious ZDS replacement and I can’t imagine wink not using him heavily in that role. If you’re running 5 and 6 man rush and using 3DTs inside then we’ll be looking at a whole new style of rush, one where you absolutely trash the pocket by brute force, Mack and pierce could be a seriously nasty tandem taking up all 3 interior blockers and then Ferguson to knife through the middle.

This roster could run a real 46 actually. Mack pierce and Willis/Henry as the 2-0-2, judon the standup 5-6, bowser at the 7 to handle the TE, Tim Williams or Ferguson as the DE, then we have either Levine peanut or young at the LB and Jefferson as the plank, Earl Thomas handles the single high to run this, and the corners can hold their own. If the offense wants a slot or flex instead of a RB you have either Levine or Jefferson who can either man up or blitz.

This might be the first defense I’ve seen that has the personnel, or close to it, to run a bear 46 in the modern nfl.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think ferguson is the obvious ZDS replacement and I can’t imagine wink not using him heavily in that role. If you’re running 5 and 6 man rush and using 3DTs inside then we’ll be looking at a whole new style of rush, one where you absolutely trash the pocket by brute force, Mack and pierce could be a seriously nasty tandem taking up all 3 interior blockers and then Ferguson to knife through the middle.

This roster could run a real 46 actually. Mack pierce and Willis/Henry as the 2-0-2, judon the standup 5-6, bowser at the 7 to handle the TE, Tim Williams or Ferguson as the DE, then we have either Levine peanut or young at the LB and Jefferson as the plank, Earl Thomas handles the single high to run this, and the corners can hold their own. If the offense wants a slot or flex instead of a RB you have either Levine or Jefferson who can either man up or blitz.

This might be the first defense I’ve seen that has the personnel, or close to it, to run a bear 46 in the modern nfl.

not sure id want to run a 4-6 - i love the way we run nickel and dime and basically run a 2-4 as base defence

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
not sure id want to run a 4-6 - i love the way we run nickel and dime and basically run a 2-4 as base defence
Agree and our 1-5 or 1-4 are great subpackages. Pees was creative at times but Wink has taken it to another level.
I think a 4-2 might be an option this season