• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

A question for Raven fans

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
When the Colts left, I became a Baltimore Stallions fan. Then, I started to root for the Cowboys. Growing up I loved the Colts and my secondary teams in the NFL were the Raiders and the Cowboys because I liked Kenny Stabler and Roger Staubach. When I got older, the Raiders were out because Al Davis reminded me of Irsay always threatening to move the team so it just left the Cowboys. I also always had a thing for their cheerleaders, as those uniforms with those white boots did it for me. When we got the Ravens, I dropped the Cowboys like a hot potato. I didn’t vote for the Ravens name though, as I liked the name Marauders better. I thought it would be cool to have a B26 Bomber on the helmet. The B26 Marauder was built in Middle River, Maryland which is very close to the city. Marauder means someone who takes by force in war, I thought that was pretty cool for football. Unfortunately, the name came in second to Ravens in the vote. I will never forgive Irsay for not letting Baltimore have the Colts name back, and I will take that to my grave.

Tank

Hall of Famer
When the Colts left, I became a Baltimore Stallions fan. Then, I started to root for the Cowboys. Growing up I loved the Colts and my secondary teams in the NFL were the Raiders and the Cowboys because I liked Kenny Stabler and Roger Staubach. When I got older, the Raiders were out because Al Davis reminded me of Irsay always threatening to move the team so it just left the Cowboys. I also always had a thing for their cheerleaders, as those uniforms with those white boots did it for me. When we got the Ravens, I dropped the Cowboys like a hot potato. I didn’t vote for the Ravens name though, as I liked the name Marauders better. I thought it would be cool to have a B26 Bomber on the helmet. The B26 Marauder was built in Middle River, Maryland which is very close to the city. Marauder means someone who takes by force in war, I thought that was pretty cool for football. Unfortunately, the name came in second to Ravens in the vote. I will never forgive Irsay for not letting Baltimore have the Colts name back, and I will take that to my grave.