• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Miles Boykin - He Deserves His Own Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
watched the latest yt video from @Edgar and if lamar had seen boykin on that 3rd and 5 when he hit hurst (albeit on the long drive to ice the game), boykin had a step and a half and only open field in front of him for a long td

miles is finding his way open earlier and earlier in the route as the games are going on and he's creating more and more space for himself

went to watch the play in full speed just to see how he got open and im still not sure - looks like 1 jab step to the outside and the defender's whole body got turned

he won and got himself that open off his first step

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
watched the latest yt video from @Edgar and if lamar had seen boykin on that 3rd and 5 when he hit hurst (albeit on the long drive to ice the game), boykin had a step and a half and only open field in front of him for a long td

miles is finding his way open earlier and earlier in the route as the games are going on and he's creating more and more space for himself

went to watch the play in full speed just to see how he got open and im still not sure - looks like 1 jab step to the outside and the defender's whole body got turned

he won and got himself that open off his first step
thanks for posting, I'm going to go watch the yt.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Boykin had another few snaps in this game where he was open for a big play - obviously had the big play with RGIII too

he and hurst are like the forgotten men in this offence in that they are consistently getting open but not getting targeted - not that lamar's ignoring wide open guys consistently - just not looking their way in the read and going to a different open person

boykin and hollywood starting to show some real nuance in their routes that bodes really well moving forwards

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Boykin had another few snaps in this game where he was open for a big play - obviously had the big play with RGIII too

he and hurst are like the forgotten men in this offence in that they are consistently getting open but not getting targeted - not that lamar's ignoring wide open guys consistently - just not looking their way in the read and going to a different open person

boykin and hollywood starting to show some real nuance in their routes that bodes really well moving forwards

not implying anything needs to be forced..not at all but i'd like to see hurst have a big game. He has the best hands out of all our TE's.

purp

Practice Squad

I think some of that might be by design. Roman is unveiling the playbook game by game and we’ve been featuring different elements of the offense. The Rams were all-in on stopping the TEs (Ramsey on Andrews in the red zone on the first drive tipped their hand) so we burned them with Hollywood. The Pats strength is the boundary so we did all our damage over the middle.

I have a feeling we’re picking our spots right now. Especially since we’re blowing teams out and there are a few elite/good teams we may have to face twice (i.e. Patriots, Seahawks, 49ers in particular along with the Texans and Bills to a lesser extent).

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
not implying anything needs to be forced..not at all but i'd like to see hurst have a big game. He has the best hands out of all our TE's.

I think he might have the best hands out of anyone on our team; the ball barely moves when it hits his mitts.