• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
  • Hey there! We are so glad that you could make it to PurpleFlock on game day- thanks for stopping by! Be sure to sign up here in order to talk about today's game with our other members.

Preaseason 3 Baltimore Ravens @ Philadelphia Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
a spanish C is pronounced with th. just saying
I’m not bilingual but I spent some years working with a lot of Latinos and I did learn a good bit of Spanish(which Ive forgotten by now lol) and was around them every day, hearing them talk and trying to communicate with them, I do not recall any words where what would be an English long C is pronounced like a TH in Spanish.

I’ll need examples of this before I just take your word on it lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not bilingual but I spent some years working with a lot of Latinos and I did learn a good bit of Spanish(which Ive forgotten by now lol) and was around them every day, hearing them talk and trying to communicate with them, I do not recall any words where what would be an English long C is pronounced like a TH in Spanish.

in traditional spanish the c is pronounced "th" - in latin america its traditionally pronounced "s" - probably depends on his particular heritage which appears to be from Spain and not American/Latin American so the "th" is correct

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Cutty, that you?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
in traditional spanish the c is pronounced "th" - in latin america its traditionally pronounced "s" - probably depends on his particular heritage which appears to be from Spain and not American/Latin American so the "th" is correct
Ahhhh so European Spanish. Ok, that makes sense then. Because I don’t think I’ve ever heard Spanish from a Spaniard lol

Status
Not open for further replies.