• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
  • Hey there! We are so glad that you could make it to PurpleFlock on game day- thanks for stopping by! Be sure to sign up here in order to talk about today's game with our other members.

Preaseason 3 Baltimore Ravens @ Philadelphia Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Put on the jags fins game and they’re talking about how we are gonna eat the fins Oline up in W1

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
a spanish C is pronounced with th. just saying
I’m not bilingual but I spent some years working with a lot of Latinos and I did learn a good bit of Spanish(which Ive forgotten by now lol) and was around them every day, hearing them talk and trying to communicate with them, I do not recall any words where what would be an English long C is pronounced like a TH in Spanish.

I’ll need examples of this before I just take your word on it lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not bilingual but I spent some years working with a lot of Latinos and I did learn a good bit of Spanish(which Ive forgotten by now lol) and was around them every day, hearing them talk and trying to communicate with them, I do not recall any words where what would be an English long C is pronounced like a TH in Spanish.

in traditional spanish the c is pronounced "th" - in latin america its traditionally pronounced "s" - probably depends on his particular heritage which appears to be from Spain and not American/Latin American so the "th" is correct

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Cutty, that you?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
in traditional spanish the c is pronounced "th" - in latin america its traditionally pronounced "s" - probably depends on his particular heritage which appears to be from Spain and not American/Latin American so the "th" is correct
Ahhhh so European Spanish. Ok, that makes sense then. Because I don’t think I’ve ever heard Spanish from a Spaniard lol

Status
Not open for further replies.