• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 53 Man Roster: Thread

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
place for discussion about the roster and who might/might not make it and then for news and discussions of cuts as they happen

a potentially surprise cut i think is happening:

Zach Sieler
Agree. Ricard has shown more and is more versatile than Sieler. Sieler's snap decreased over the last 3 games which is never a good sign considering we only had a couple of DLs active. He's kind of a sentimental cut because he was Ozzie's last draft pick.
I also have Bozeman as a potential surprise cut

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is my last guess as teams have already started to cut down their rosters.
QB(3): Jackson, Griffin, Trace
Rb(3): Ingram, Edwards and Hill. I'd really love to keep Dixon because i think he's better than Edwards, but how they used him yesterday makes me think they're going to cut him.
WR(6): Snead, Brown, Boykin, Roberts, Moore, Scott
TE(3): Andrews, Boyle, Hurst
Ol(8): Stanley, Powers, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Mekari, Hurst, Bozeman
DL(6): Williams, Pierce, Wormley, Ricard, Mack, Henry
Edge(5): Judon, Bowser, McPhee, Williams, Ferguson
LB(5): Peanut, Young, Board, Levine, Alaka
Cb(7): Smith, Humphrey, Carr, Young, Averett, Jones, Canady
S(4): Thomas, Jefferson, Elliott, Clark
S.T(3): Tucker, Koch, Cox

After one day they place Young on IR and re-sign Trawick. One surprise cut: Henry if they don't want to lose Bethel or Trawick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agree. Ricard has shown more and is more versatile than Sieler. Sieler's snap decreased over the last 3 games which is never a good sign considering we only had a couple of DLs active. He's kind of a sentimental cut because he was Ozzie's last draft pick.
I also have Bozeman as a potential surprise cut
I don't think Bozeman gets cut due to his experience playing C at Alabama. We need a backup center.

Let's have a swing at this.

QB (3) Jackson, Griffin, McSorley (Trace will play a lot of ST)
RB (4) Ingram, Edwards, Hill, Dixon (Dixon is too good to cut and we could use a 4th back in our run heavy offense)
WR (6) Brown, Boykin, Snead, Moore, Scott, Roberts
TE (3) Andrews, Hurst, Boyle
OL (8) Stanley, Skura, Yanda, Brown Jr, Hurst, Powers, Bozeman, Mekari (IDK between Mekari and Senat)
DL (6) Williams, Pierce, Henry, Wormley, Ricard, Mack
OLB (5) Judon, McPhee, Bowser, Williams, Ferguson
ILB (3) Onwuasor, Young, Board
CB (7) Humphrey, Smith, Carr, Young, Averett, Jones, Marshall (I've heard nothing about Marshall in pre-season but he was a 4th round pick)
S (5) Thomas, Jefferson, Elliott, Levine, Clark
ST (3) Tucker, Koch, Cox

Then I guess Young goes on IR and they bring up Canady, or Alaka if the FO feel ILB is too thin. Canady may not clear waivers though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My take on the final 53

QB (3): Jackson, Griffin, McSorley
RB (3): Ingram, Edwards, Hill
WR (6): Snead, Brown, Boykin, Moore, Scott, Roberts
TE (3): Andrews, Boyle, Hurst
OL (8): Stanley, Powers, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Hurst, Bozeman, Mekari
DL (6): Williams, Pierce, Wormley, Ricard, Mack, Henry
ILB (4): Onwuasor, Board, Young
OLB (5): Judon, McPhee, Bowser, Williams, Ferguson
CB (7): Smith, Humphrey, Carr, Young*, Averett, Jones, Canady, Bethel
S (5): Thomas, Jefferson, Clark, Elliott, Levine
ST (3): Tucker, Koch, Cox

Young will be moved to IR on Sunday and Okara will be brought back. I also see Modser, Wesley, Senat and Willis on PS. We could even bring in a veteran OL or LB and keep Okara on the PS as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Alaka makes the team. Canady will be released
I can see this happening as well. I only kept Canady over Olaka because I feel he makes it through waivers and we needed the slot depth.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I legitimately feel like this year has been the most difficult year to predict who's making the team in years.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it's amazing how quickly we became one of the younger teams from one of the older teams and yes, I agree that this year has been difficult to predict who is going to make the team, although I felt the same way last year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jordan Lasley got cut again. This time he was cut by the Lions. I think that's three cuts in a month.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
it's amazing how quickly we became one of the younger teams from one of the older teams and yes, I agree that this year has been difficult to predict who is going to make the team, although I felt the same way last year

Do you see that as a positive (e.g. competition everywhere) or a negative ( e.g. some players we thought would be difference makers have failed to make an impact)?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Do you see that as a positive (e.g. competition everywhere) or a negative ( e.g. some players we thought would be difference makers have failed to make an impact)?
This is very true, but I see it more of a positive than a negative.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
place for discussion about the roster and who might/might not make it and then for news and discussions of cuts as they happen

a potentially surprise cut i think is happening:

Zach Sieler
Might be old news but I am just seeing it:
Baltimore beatdown have Seiler as released

A1A

Veteran
So much for having DL depth. Seiler will definitely not be unemployed for long. I think their jumping the gun alittle to soon on him.