• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 53 Man Roster: Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just stupid. There has to be something more here..He should and want to play.
The only thing I can think of is getting a late round comp due to him signing with another team next offseason.

The only other option I can think of is the new rule from 2018 that allows players on IR to be traded.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The only thing I can think of is getting a late round comp due to him signing with another team next offseason.

The only other option I can think of is the new rule from 2018 that allows players on IR to be traded.

Has he really shown anything that would make him worth more then a veteran minimum on a 1 year prove it deal? I know Ravens fans love him but to the league he is an oft injured RB that has never put together a steady string of tape to show he can really carry a team. If I am a GM I would not hand more then the veteran minimum for that.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The D-line depth worries me a bit after the surprise Willie Henry cut. But, I'm sure Ricard and McPhee were the two reasons they decided to stick with BWill, Pierce, Wormley and Mack. I'm hoping they have a couple for depth in the practice squad when that is set.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Has he really shown anything that would make him worth more then a veteran minimum on a 1 year prove it deal? I know Ravens fans love him but to the league he is an oft injured RB that has never put together a steady string of tape to show he can really carry a team. If I am a GM I would not hand more then the veteran minimum for that.
outside of this year, whenever he has been healthy he has been the best back on our roster, but remaining healthy is his issue. He's a very talented running back, but you're right, he probably will only get a vet minimum deal, which means they will probably attempt to trade him, since IR'd players can be traded as of 2018.

A1A

Veteran
outside of this year, whenever he has been healthy he has been the best back on our roster, but remaining healthy is his issue. He's a very talented running back, but you're right, he probably will only get a vet minimum deal, which means they will probably attempt to trade him, since IR'd players can be traded as of 2018.

If that's the case why not IR Willie? I'm sure some bozo team would trade for him.

purp

Practice Squad
The D-line depth worries me a bit after the surprise Willie Henry cut. But, I'm sure Ricard and McPhee were the two reasons they decided to stick with BWill, Pierce, Wormley and Mack. I'm hoping they have a couple for depth in the practice squad when that is set.

I actually think this telegraphs our plans for pass rush this year. Will see a lot of LBs on the field together. Per FilmStudy, Ravens ran a team record low in base defense with 3 DL on the field last season. Expect that to go down and see a lot of run for the OLBs inside.

We also talk a lot about CJ’s struggles in coverage but he also wasn’t an amazing blitzer. I expect ILB responsibilities in the scheme to change a lot more rushing from the ILBs as well. Both Peanut and Young are monsters on that front.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually think this telegraphs our plans for pass rush this year. Will see a lot of LBs on the field together. Per FilmStudy, Ravens ran a team record low in base defense with 3 DL on the field last season. Expect that to go down and see a lot of run for the OLBs inside.

We also talk a lot about CJ’s struggles in coverage but he also wasn’t an amazing blitzer. I expect ILB responsibilities in the scheme to change a lot more rushing from the ILBs as well. Both Peanut and Young are monsters on that front.

Its not only that but guys like McPhee and imo Ferguson will also line up with their hands in the dirt acting like passrushing DTs.

purp

Practice Squad
Its not only that but guys like McPhee and imo Ferguson will also line up with their hands in the dirt acting like passrushing DTs.

Agree. Wink also hinted that he has interesting plans for Bowser as well. Man how great would it be if the lights truly came on for Tyus in year 3?

Season can’t start soon enough.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If that's the case why not IR Willie? I'm sure some bozo team would trade for him.
Henry wasn't injured. Dixon did in fact have an injury. Was it bad enough for an IR, I highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

I've been thinking this exactly. The preponderance of 2 down fronts last year explains a good bit to us about the roster along with what we might expect.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
EDZwyHJXYAAlBXr

Canady, Wesley and Sieler are officially back

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Surprised Canady is eligible for PS to be honest
he was on IR in 2016 and I believe he started both 2017 and 2018 on IR.

Players are eligible if they have no more than two accrued NFL seasons (six games on the 53-man roster qualifies as an accrued season). A player cannot be on a practice squad for more than three seasons. Teams may keep up to four players who have accrued two seasons of NFL experience.

Practice squad players are allowed to practice with their teams. However, they are not eligible to participate in games without being elevated to the 53-man roster first.

Practice squad size:
NFL practice squads are allowed a maximum of 10 players, in addition to the 53 players on the roster. Those teams that are participating in the NFL’s International Player Development Program, like the Ravens, are allowed to sign one international player to their practice squad, giving them 11 total.

Last edited: