• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019: Week 1 Discussion Thread (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Lmao.. exactly why i betted against bears.. trubisky

Exactly. I think so many people were picking them because they were at home, the Bears defense, blah, blah, blah, etc. They forgot about the QB match up which was Rodgers vs Trubisky. Not sure what people were expecting from the Bears offense.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mike Pettine is going to earn himself another Head Coaching job if the Packers defense keeps this performance up.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Aaron Rodgers right now has to be asking why didn't the Packers get rid of Ted Thompson sooner, if they had a competent GM who put together a defense like we saw tonight for most of his career, would he rival Brady in the Lombardi Trophy department?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yikes......

Bears offensive drives tonight: punt field goal punt punt punt punt punt punt downs punt interception downs

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm so happy that Zadarius played great for the Packers! I think he was instrumental in their defensive effort. Man what a defensive game.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Exactly. I think so many people were picking them because they were at home, the Bears defense, blah, blah, blah, etc. They forgot about the QB match up which was Rodgers vs Trubisky. Not sure what people were expecting from the Bears offense.
GB certainly did not win because of great Rodgers play, it was their D that won a game.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
GB certainly did not win because of great Rodgers play, it was their D that won a game.

I figured Rodgers would have done more than Trubisky to win the game which I was right. Even though Rodgers was beat up all night, Trubisky was just downright terrible. Maybe the Packers and Bears defenses are just that good and we'll see the Packers and Bears offenses come to life next week as the Packers play the Vikings and Bears play the Broncos.