• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gotta remember it's only for 10 regular season games, but he's a INT machine. Exactly what we needed. Jimmy also might be out for a longer time than expected.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he wasn't agressive

he gave away kenny fricken awful useless young and a 5th rounder for the premier ball hawk of the last 4 seasons!
ok, I'll give you that. he was better than aggressive

seems as though we are keeping the 5th rounder

ALI624

Pro Bowler
If we got Peters for Young, EDC needs to get arrested for highway robbery. Even with all of Peters’ faults he is a 1000x better than Canady and Bethal put together.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
so far ive seen no reports of any draft pick from any of the official sources - the 5th rounder was bandied about by unverified people before - but they also did have kenny young so not sure
and it's an undisclosed 2020 draft pick per Zrebiec

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
What happens when Jimmy gets back? How do we play this? I hope this isn't an indicator that jiimmy is miles away from recovering?

Before people hype this too much remember that there is a reason the Rams are willing to deal him. He has struggled for long stretches, and played well at other times. If the Ravens work to his strengths then he could be good here. Possibly better than Carr is on the outside. But I'll believe it when I see it.

The good thing is that if this is a bust it didn't cost much. Low risk, possibly a high reward.
Reason he was struggling a little is wade/rams play alot of zone which isnt his strength, he will fit dight in here in man to man press and be able to make plays on the ball which he does best

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What happens when Jimmy gets back? How do we play this? I hope this isn't an indicator that jiimmy is miles away from recovering?

this was one of my first thoughts - that jimmy's injury is taking longer than expected but if not then we're back to a 4 way rotation at cb with high quality corners - the only difference is our slot corner is brandon carr rather than tavon

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
My first thought... I hated it.

My second thought... we didn't give up much, so its great.

Think it might be more of a long term play than short term play. Jimmy and Carr could easily be gone next year, and they may be able to get Peters at a little bit of a discount at this point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
the more i think about this the more i like it - marcus peters gets to come here and play his natural game but also doesnt have to be that number 1 corner - we can either go back to having LCB and RCB on the outside like we do with other outside corners or we have marlon and peters trail specific receivers around the field on a matchup basis

but if marlon is shutting down number 1 receivers that means peters is getting somebody else and that could be a mismatch with earl thomas on the back end