• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I could be made to look dumb here but I think you’re dreaming on Ramsey. I don’t think we’re going to trade for him. We have a bigger problem with pass rusher. Just give it up man.
You’re probably 100% correct, but I’m not giving up

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
According to Adam Schefter, multiple teams have inquired about trading for Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson.

I know everyone is hell bent on getting a pass rusher, me too for sure. However as much as the Ravens name has come up on trades for Jadaveon Clowney, Jalen Ramsey we tried out a few veteran pass rushers as well...I think a move like this would be great.

We are playoff hopeful, so not only does a trade like this increase our chances of winning, but since we will be drafting in the late 1st round its doubtful we find an impactful pass rusher there as opposed to getting a CB like Peterson or Ramsey who helps improve all levels of defense immediately and you know it.

Said it before, a good secondary will always help out a struggling pass rush.

After missing out on Justin Houston this offseason and looking into trade for Clowney, I'm not sure there are good pass rushers available via trade right now. Plus want to see Bowser get his chance at making an impact, hes still young.

Regardless, I hope we pull the trigger on a trade before October 29th.

Last edited:

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
The Jets are looking to be "very aggressive" before the deadline as well. Guys like Leonard Williams, Trumaine Johnson, our old boy KO and others are available.

Fire sale as apparently the Jets want to build the team through their new GM and acquire as many picks as possible, while also getting rid of older players who were drafted under a different GM.

Multiple teams have inquired about Leonard Williams already

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
According to Adam Schefter, multiple teams have inquired about trading for Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson.

I know everyone is hell bent on getting a pass rusher, me too for sure. However as much as the Ravens name has come up on trades for Jadaveon Clowney, Jalen Ramsey we tried out a few veteran pass rushers as well...I think a move like this would be great.

We are playoff hopeful, so not only does a trade like this increase our chances of winning, but since we will be drafting in the late 1st round its doubtful we find an impactful pass rusher there as opposed to getting a CB like Peterson or Ramsey who helps improve all levels of defense immediately and you know it.

Said it before, a good secondary will always help out a struggling pass rush.

After missing out on Justin Houston this offseason and looking into trade for Clowney, I'm not sure there are good pass rushers available via trade right now. Plus want to see Bowser get his chance at making an impact, hes still young.

Regardless, I hope we pull the trigger on a trade before October 29th.
I saw he said three teams have made inquiries to the Cardinals for P.P. but those teams were not named. Would be interesting if we are one of those teams. It wouldn't surprise me if we were.

Fast Eddie

Practice Squad
My prediction for the game yesterday was off (14 - 32), but I still think we make a move this week and grab someone for the defense. I'd be happy with any of the names you guys have mentioned.

Not knowing much of Leonards career would this be the general asking prices?

Jalen Ramsey (1, 3, and Hurst)
Patrick Peterson (2nd and 4th)
Leonard (3rd)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Oh man, I’d take Pat Pete in a heartbeat. Plus it shouldn’t take a lot of draft capital to obtain him, unlike Jalen.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My prediction for the game yesterday was off (14 - 32), but I still think we make a move this week and grab someone for the defense. I'd be happy with any of the names you guys have mentioned.

Not knowing much of Leonards career would this be the general asking prices?

Jalen Ramsey (1, 3, and Hurst)
Patrick Peterson (2nd and 4th)
Leonard (3rd)

leonard williams shouldnt be going anywhere for a 3rd round pick - im really surprised hes supposedly on the trading block

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
leonard williams shouldnt be going anywhere for a 3rd round pick - im really surprised hes supposedly on the trading block
he's in his final year (5th year option) and they also have Quinnen Williams. He's really good and if they are willing to trade him, I'd jump on it. I agree he shouldn't be traded for a 3rd round pick, but a new contract can't be worked out until after the season so that is going to reduce his value. Somewhat like Clowney

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

He hasn't really looked all that good so far this year and he probably isn't as good as The Jets would have hoped for in his career so far as a pass rusher.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He hasn't really looked all that good so far this year and he probably isn't as good as The Jets would have hoped for in his career so far as a pass rusher.
he's been inconsistent, but he'd be a great fit for us.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lmao, with the way we pick in the 2nd round i would easily make the trade and a 4th for KO back would be huge even if its for one or 2 years

Eric thinks he'll knock it out of the park. Just like he did when I'm pretty sure he had a say in Kaufusi and Lord Correa master of the universe.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'd take KO back and put him in at LG ASAP. Leonard Williams, sure if the price is right. Patrick Peterson.... HELL YEAH. Other players I'd be interested in:

- Redskins DL Jonathan Allen or DL Da'Ron Payne, OLB Ryan Kerrigan
- Jets OL Kelechi Osemele, Jets SS Jamal Adams
- Falcons EDGE Vic Beasley
- Broncos CB Chris Harris
- Cardinals ILB Hassan Reddick, CB Patrick Peterson. If they want to give us Suggs back too, I'd take him back too.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chris Harris JR is the best corner in the last decade of football and it's not even close.
I normally wouldnt want an older player taking into account our ancient D but i'd make an exception with him

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure Chris Harris is available. If so yes I would trade for him. I don’t think he would cost that much considering I believe he’s in the final year of his deal. Jamal Adams is available?