• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 5 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The worst kind of scheduling the NFL could give us..... what a terrible week for broadcasting. On top of that, the games this week are just.... meh.

Cardinals @ Bengals: A battle of two winless teams in Cincinnati this week as the Cardinals travel to take on the Bengals. Rookie head coaches have struggled this season and barring a second tie, one rookie coach is going to get their first win. Who will walk away with their first win of their young coaching career on Sunday?

Bills @ Titans: The Buffalo Bills almost.... almost won against the Patriots. Tom Brady had his worst game in like 20 years and the Bills still couldn't win. The status of Bills QB Josh Allen is undecided at the moment and could make a difference on Sunday. Marcus Mariota is starting to play well and has the Titans sitting at 2-2 in a wide open division. Can the Titans step up and take control of the AFC South?

Bears @ Raiders: The NFL takes it's first trip to London as the Bears and Raiders face off in the Khalil Mack Bowl. The Bears have won three straight games heading into this one and the Raiders are coming off a huge road win against the Colts. Will Mack terrorize Derek Carr and the Raiders offense as a reminder of what they used to have? Or will the Raiders improve to 3-2 and be in the thick of the AFC Wild Card race?

Bucs @ Saints: When it seemed all was lost for the two QBs taken 1-2 in the 2015 NFL Draft, both are out silencing their critics. Winston and the Bucs head to New Orleans and take on the Saints who have found ways to keep winning without Drew Brees. Can the Saints keep marching toward a top seed in the NFC or will the Bucs pull off another road win upset?

Vikings @ Giants: Two teams at the opposite side of the spectrum. One with a rookie QB who has found the team's offense that was missing due to Eli Manning's downfall. Also Daniel Jones now adds Golden Tate to the mix at Receiver after returning from a four game suspension. The other is Kirk Cousins who has robbed the Vikings of $84M and set the Vikings up for failure this season. Will the rookie continue to impress give New York fans hope in the future?

Jets @ Eagles: The Eagles return home after upsetting the Green Bay Packers in Lambeau Field and take on the hapless Jets. Sam Darnold has returned to practice and is likely to return under center as the Jets season has become undone thanks to injuries. Eagles should take this one easily.

Jaguars @ Panthers: The Jags went into Denver and beat a hapless Broncos team, and will see a tougher test in the Panthers. Both teams have surprisingly won with backup QBs as Kyle Allen looks to keep rolling against the man, the myth, the legend and only current player to have his bust in Canton as we speak, Gardner Minshew. Can Minshew Mania run wild in Charlotte or will Luke Kuechley and the Panthers D put a stop to it for one week?

Patriots @ Redskins: How you win a Super Bowl and get the easiest schedule ever is beyond me. I fully expect Jay Gruden to be fired on Monday following a loss to the Patriots and the question is, does Dwayne Haskins play at all?

Falcons @ Texans: Two teams who both need wins in order to keep their season alive as the 1-3 Falcons head to Houston to take on the 2-2 Texans. We've expected more out of both teams heading into this season and both teams are playing like their Head Coaches are on the chopping block. At least for Atlanta, Dan Quinn could be on his way out following a loss and looking for work like Jay Gruden.

Broncos @ Chargers: If John Elway wasn't John Elway, he would have been fired as GM for his awful attempts at finding a QB after Peyton Manning. The winless Broncos travel to LA to face the Chargers fresh off a BYE thanks to the tanking Dolphins. Chargers have Melvin Gordon back after his failed attempt to holdout and the Chargers should win this easily.

Packers @ Cowboys: The Packers are coming off a loss to the Eagles, and the Cowboys to the Saints as both look to regain momentum on Sunday. Dallas holds a special place in Aaron Rodgers' heart as he is 3-0 at AT & T Stadium including Super Bowl XLV when the Packers beat the Steelers. Which team will rebound as this now has major seeding implications in the NFC at stake if both win their division.

Colts @ Chiefs: The Chiefs return to Arrowhead Stadium for Sunday Night Football against the Indianapolis Colts. It seems as if nothing is slowing down the Chiefs offense, not even the Madden Curse and the Colts defense has to figure some way to slow it down but are missing five starters on defense come Sunday. Chiefs defense is a liability as at some point they can't rely on Mahomes to put up so many points only for the defense to allowing opposing offenses to score the same amount of points. At what point does the magic carpet ride end for KC?

Browns @ 49ers: The undefeated 49ers welcome the Cleveland Browns who finally looked like the team that was hyped up all offseason last Sunday in Baltimore. The 49ers are fresh off their bye and look to keep up with the Seahawks in what looks to be a 2 team race in the NFC West. The Browns get the 49ers and Seahawks the next two weeks, and back to back road wins in Baltimore and San Fran may just be the boost it needs before welcoming the Seahawks to Cleveland in Week 6.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Welcome to the most awfully scheduled weekend of the NFL calendar...

What we have: TEN 1pm ET kickoffs ONE 4pm & ONE 4:25pm kickoff No good reason for this nonsense

10 (YES TEN) 1pm games
1 (wtf?) 4pm game
1 (wtf?) 4:25 game

not only that but one of the 1pm games is the London game which is most often scheduled for 9/9:30am EST

what an appalling idea
like what is the point?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If the Seahawks lose at home, I'm done picking the home team on Thursday Night Football.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
russ wilson is probably the best throw in the run qb ever.. as im typing this, he throws a td lmao

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
How tf he made that throw better yet on the run
definitely up there if not the best.

A little bit of information....

The year he came out, Shanahan, then the Coach of the Redskins was going to take Russell Wilson if he was available in the fourth. As we know that didn't happen and they ended up drafting Cousins and we know what happened with that.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wait a sec.... how many home games has Seattle had since 2012 because 53 seems like a vast majority of them.,

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
definitely up there if not the best.

A little bit of information....

The year he came out, Shanahan, then the Coach of the Redskins was going to take Russell Wilson if he was available in the fourth. As we know that didn't happen and they ended up drafting Cousins and we know what happened with that.
Didnt know that.. was a big fan of his in college.. didnt think all the running around in college would transfer over to nfl but it did.. dude is very accurate

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Wait a sec.... how many home games has Seattle had since 2012 because 53 seems like a vast majority of them.,
The "back of my head while walking home maths" tells me there's been 16x7=112 (70 plus 42) regular season games altogether since 2012, plus playoffs (many of which would have been at home).

Dunno how that works in the context of whatever stat was flashed since I'm still a few minutes away from getting home, but there you go. 60ish home games doesn't seem out of the question.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Didnt know that.. was a big fan of his in college.. didnt think all the running around in college would transfer over to nfl but it did.. dude is very accurate
and has the best long ball in the nfl. His height isn't as much of an issue either, because of his high release point.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The "back of my head while walking home maths" tells me there's been 16x7=112 (70 plus 42) regular season games altogether since 2012, plus playoffs (many of which would have been at home).

Dunno how that works in the context of whatever stat was flashed since I'm still a few minutes away from getting home, but there you go. 60ish home games doesn't seem out of the question.

I think they said something like Seattle is 53-0 when up by at least 4 at home since 2012 and I am just like "wait you play 8 home games a year...."

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think they said something like Seattle is 53-0 when up by at least 4 at home since 2012 and I am just like "wait you play 8 home games a year...."
theres noway they have been up by 4 in 53 games over that span. I can't imagine that's an accurate statement. That's 7 seasons and how many games they have played at home this year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Another close game this week, finally Thursday Night Football is giving us great games.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Really dumb challenge from Pete Carroll.

I honestly wouldn't waste time challenging a PI because the officials don't even know what PI is anymore. We've gone from "What Is A Catch?" to "What Is PI?"

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Did McVay and Pete just decide that they would waste a timeout on stupid challenges?