• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 5 Discussion (Other Teams)

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
eric would never part with most of his draft for any player. he strikes me as the quantity over quality type.
I think if he felt we had Super Bowl
OK - well, maybe Bengals shouldn't be counted as AFCN underachievers, but the rest of us certainly are. Still, I just didn't think the Bengals would be quite this bad.

I guess we'll see how bad they are next week lol. If they give us a scare, the doubts about us will linger ... If they find a way to win, the best we can probably hope for will be winning our division with a 7-9 record with the Browns totally falling apart.
Andy Dalton, will have the best game of this season against us. Guaranteed.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
eric would never part with most of his draft for any player. he strikes me as the quantity over quality type.
Eric as GM is an interesting topic. Some want to credit or blame every good or bad move made in the last few years of Ozzie's tenure on Eric. Others want to attribute everything to Ozzie, cause he was the last word. The truth probably lies somewhere in between, but to what extent, only those in the room really know.

IMO - you can only truly gauge Eric's approach starting with this past off-season. He can say "I learned from the best" but in the end, his actions will tell you his approach and I would expect they will diverge from Ozzie's to some degree.

I don't think that he showed in the 2019 draft that he is a quantity over quality guy. I can't say I remember what if any draft trades we made, but we certainly didn't trade out of the 1st round as we would often do. He also drafted 2 WRs in the 1st 3 rounds - something Ozzie certainly never did.

I do think he will follow Ozzie's approach of trading back if there is a sense that the guy we want will still be available if we fall back a few slots and can get extra picks. Not pulling the trigger too quickly and being patient and not panicking is simply good investment strategy. I also think we'll be reluctant to be grasping after super big money FAs. Again, its a value prop. Too often you are paying big money for past performance, rather than future performance.

The book on Eric is still being written IMO.