• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Defense: Secondary

Fast Eddie

Practice Squad
Apologies if there is already a thread on this somewhere.

Granted, Maurice Canady is covering for Jimmy until his return, but curious if anyone else would have liked to see him a FS. Personally feel like ET is a bit of a liability at times...he's clearly lost a step and might be ready to swith to SS.

Also, what were your impressions from the rookie Elliot?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Apologies if there is already a thread on this somewhere.

Granted, Maurice Canady is covering for Jimmy until his return, but curious if anyone else would have liked to see him a FS. Personally feel like ET is a bit of a liability at times...he's clearly lost a step and might be ready to swith to SS.

Also, what were your impressions from the rookie Elliot?
ET is doing a good job limiting the big play for the most part and he is still learning how to play in our scheme. I don't think he has lost a step.

Elliott seemed to play well when he was on the field and made a pretty big play breaking up a would be big catch.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This defense is an absolute mess and is one injury away from being the worst in the league. yes, I said it. If eric doesnt make any moves it means

this was always a rebuilding year.

Quite frankly, when your two best linebackers are Bynes and LJ fort that should set off alarm bells. Our secondary is beyond depleted and no jimmy smith wont transform it.

The elliot loss is bigger than people think. He was actually one of our few young players ( we're ancient on D) that has real potential

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Elliott is absolutely a big loss and hopefully he's back for training camp next year. We don't know the severity of the injury, if it's an ACL an MCL or both. Elliott provided for great flexibility on the defense and special teams. Really upset about this loss.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Elliott is absolutely a big loss and hopefully he's back for training camp next year. We don't know the severity of the injury, if it's an ACL an MCL or both. Elliott provided for great flexibility on the defense and special teams. Really upset about this loss.

The defense is a mess. I think Wink has done an incredible job with what we have

This is easily the least talented Defense around right now and he's kept it respectable enough. But this will not be the case over the next few games where we will be absolutley destroyed. The honeymoon is over.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it's so frustrating - 2nd season in a row that he loses significant time - just as he was becoming a major part of the defence as well

This defense is an absolute mess and is one injury away from being the worst in the league. yes, I said it. If eric doesnt make any moves it means

Quite frankly, when your two best linebackers are Bynes and LJ fort that should set off alarm bells. Our secondary is beyond depleted and no jimmy smith wont transform it.

The elliot loss is bigger than people think. He was actually one of our few young players ( we're ancient on D) that has real potential
Most people understand how big Elliott out for the year impacts us. Our young defenders haven’t been stepping up and I was hoping Elliot would break that trend.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i just hope it's nothing too serious with elliot. Maybe an MCL situation..hope it isn't anymore more than that..

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
The defense is a mess. I think Wink has done an incredible job with what we have

This is easily the least talented Defense around right now and he's kept it respectable enough. But this will not be the case over the next few games where we will be absolutley destroyed. The honeymoon is over.

We shall see. I'm not worried about it at all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i just hope it's nothing too serious with elliot. Maybe an MCL situation..hope it isn't anymore more than that..

harbs said it was likely season ending which suggests to me they've already had an MRI but the fact that they havent guaranteed his season is over suggests he could potentially be a DTR candidate if we make a deep run in the playoffs or something

just me being hopeful i suppose that if they're talking about his injury like this that at least he wont have his offseason at threat for next year

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
when harbs says something like ''it's much worse''...it's usually really bad. harb downplays injuries and he didnt downplay or act at all positive about this one

i don’t think we’re ancient on D it’s just that our young players on D that we hoped to be able to be future starters (Williams (gone) Bowser Wormley Young Averett) have not shown they are worthy of those roles and have not given us any reason to believe they are our future.

I don’t know what moves are to be made to fill the holes created by all the injuries. I suspect more of the Bynes variety.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
As i predicted

we're signing Bennett Jacskon

because deon buccanon and DJ swearinger are surely not a bit better.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As i predicted

dj swearinger offers us nothing on defence that we dont already have
deshon was a rangier guy which is nominally what jackson is

deshon was also a special teamer and swearinger isnt coming here to play special teams and back up chuck clark

there's a reason those 2 guys have been released and still not been signed yet

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
As i predicted

ugh....What about Eric Berry? I don't know much about his health and where he is.