• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 8 Discussion (BYE Week Thread)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Damn, they suck. 25 years!!!

upload_2019-10-26_15-34-8.png

JO_75

Hall of Famer
As I was finishing up my previews for Sunday, I noticed a lot of teams are in dire need of a Franchise QB in the next several drafts. So many teams with a future need at QB and not enough Quarterbacks to go around. Someone is going to win the Tank for Trevor sweepstakes in 2021 which many peg him the next can't miss QB prospect. We know Miami and Cincy will spend 4-5 years with Tua or Herbert starting next season, but you add in teams like the Titans, Bucs, Broncos, Chargers, perhaps the Lions if they want to trade Stafford and rebuild all together, Bears if Mitchell Trubisky continues to play poorly, etc. In a quarterback driven league, we are running out of quarterbacks, and good ones at that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As I was finishing up my previews for Sunday, I noticed a lot of teams are in dire need of a Franchise QB in the next several drafts. So many teams with a future need at QB and not enough Quarterbacks to go around. Someone is going to win the Tank for Trevor sweepstakes in 2021 which many peg him the next can't miss QB prospect. We know Miami and Cincy will spend 4-5 years with Tua or Herbert starting next season, but you add in teams like the Titans, Bucs, Broncos, Chargers, perhaps the Lions if they want to trade Stafford and rebuild all together, Bears if Mitchell Trubisky continues to play poorly, etc. In a quarterback driven league, we are running out of quarterbacks, and good ones at that.

it's sort of been due to happen - we've had a major influx of talent at the qb position in the last 4-5 years and only a couple of veteran starters retiring - it's only natural we're due to lose a load of guys without replacement

this 2019 season is probably the healthiest the qb position has been around the league since i can remember

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it's sort of been due to happen - we've had a major influx of talent at the qb position in the last 4-5 years and only a couple of veteran starters retiring - it's only natural we're due to lose a load of guys without replacement

this 2019 season is probably the healthiest the qb position has been around the league since i can remember
I remember you bringing this up last year and I agree, it should happen soon.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I remember you bringing this up last year and I agree, it should happen soon.

as offensive schemes continue to change to include more spread concepts and borrow other schematic ideas from college there will continue to be a solid and consistent progression of college qbs who at least provide average replacement level play - the floor of qb play will probably continue to get higher and the level of backups will continue to improve but we're going to start losing HOF type qbs who've for years created a bottleneck at the top and when they go there will be a number of teams who need qbs as well as those who need qbs anyway

JO_75

Hall of Famer
EHwgKJWVAAIJDj3

If only there was a better QB to take in the 2017 Draft they wouldn't have this issue... oh wait.