• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 9 Discussion (Other Teams)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
what's the point of the review process when you dont change that call - its clear DPI - its ok for the refs to get a call like that wrong because the timing's quick live but its clearly DPI on review - defender severely inhibits the receiver's ability to catch the ball and plays through the back of him

what is the point of not correcting that call - its not an insult to the refs to correct it

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
what's the point of the review process when you dont change that call - its clear DPI - its ok for the refs to get a call like that wrong because the timing's quick live but its clearly DPI on review - defender severely inhibits the receiver's ability to catch the ball and plays through the back of him

what is the point of not correcting that call - its not an insult to the refs to correct it
The most stupid rule ever. Completely meaningless. How often are they going to miss the call like that one for Saints?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
like im not going to blame the officiating crew - these plays looked the way they were called live - but that's what the replay is for - its to review those plays in big spots to make sure the calls are right and to correct them if they arent - its an aid for the referees but its a joke at the moment because for some reason new york is obsessed with destroying this replay rule

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
like im not going to blame the officiating crew - these plays looked the way they were called live - but that's what the replay is for - its to review those plays in big spots to make sure the calls are right and to correct them if they arent - its an aid for the referees but its a joke at the moment because for some reason new york is obsessed with destroying this replay rule
It's like they just have to make their own selves unquestionably correct every time to avoid a negative talk after the game. If they're not going to acknowledge anything, I wish they just remove this challenge

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I'm at the point where I'd rather them take time to review Roughing The Passer than Pass Interference. Both are subject to human error, one ref calls PI one way but that same PI in one game won't be called by another official in another game. One ref won't call roughing for the slightest contact, while another ref will. The rules are so complicated that I don't even think simplifying them would get all refs on the same page to call PI the exact same way every game, or call roughing the same way every game.