• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Update: Eric Decker Signed by Tennessee

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Decker seems like he'd be a great compliment to Wallace and Perriman. He'll really be able to take advantage of those two forcing the safeties to play deep.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
To those of you who are calling decker "injury prone", why don't you do a little more research. Until last year, he has played no fewer than 14 games in a season. I'd love him on our team, the man is a scoring machine.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
To those of you who are calling decker "injury prone", why don't you do a little more research. Until last year, he has played no fewer than 14 games in a season. I'd love him on our team, the man is a scoring machine.

I agree. I don't consider him injury prone personally, more just playing through the nicks that all NFL players get during a season.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
People so thirsty for a wr they're obviously getting desperate... hell no I don't want Decker. I'd really like to get a gauge of what fans expectations are this year.
Decker improves our wr corps without question. People complain we don't do anything for the offense, this would be a great addition

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Decker improves our wr corps without question. People complain we don't do anything for the offense, this would be a great addition

I never liked Decker, but saying he'll add to our group is like saying water is wet. Almost anything will improve our current group.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I never liked Decker, but saying he'll add to our group is like saying water is wet. Almost anything will improve our current group.
I Disagree. I think if he was healthy and cut and at the beginning of a fa hw would of been picked up quick. He comes here and would become our number one instantly imo, this isn't liking adding Chris givens

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I Disagree. I think if he was healthy and cut and at the beginning of a fa hw would of been picked up quick. He comes here and would become our number one instantly imo, this isn't liking adding Chris givens
I think Decker is much more the complementary piece than a number one, but with Wallace and Perriman, he brings the perfect compliment to their speed.

That has nothing to do with what I just said

Funny, I dont remember quoting anything you said.

Back to Decker, hes 30 and coming off two major injuries. Hes still not healthy right now and the timeline for his return is vague. Those arent opinions, theyre observations.

usmccharles

Practice Squad

Back to Decker, hes 30 and coming off two major injuries. Hes still not healthy right now and the timeline for his return is vague. Those arent opinions, theyre observations.

Id rather have a guy that has missed a basically a full season than lingering injuries though.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I believe Schefter and the Jets have reported that Decker is completely healthy. He may not be game ready in early June but who is at this point. Maclin to that point is only months younger than Decker and arguably more injury prone. I don't consider Decker to be injury prone myself.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

Really curious where you got your observations since Schefter reported that he was medically cleared, he participated fully in OTA's, and he shed the non-contact jersey.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm less concerned about maclin now because the more I think about it the more I'd be happy with either. I might actually like decker a bit more.

This whole time I've been team maclin by a mile, but maclin has been more injury prone over his career, and as great as he is being an excellent savvy dependable guy who can break off big ones, he is small bodied and relies on timing. Deckers game is a lot more independent of system and qb play. When flacco is having a bad couple of series, decker can do more to kickstart the offense, maclin would be more dependent on flacco staying consistent. And don't turn this into me bashing flacco because I'm his biggest fan, all qbs hit bad stretches and when flacco is having one, you want a guy that can snag a tough one when joe really needs it, rather than a guy who has to be hit perfectly in stride

The Greek

Veteran
would definitely look into him but would not overpay. if healthy he would boost the offense because he must be accounted for