• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Update: Eric Decker Signed by Tennessee

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
As I said in the news forum, I would trade for Decker, renegotiate the contract and see where we are at. That way, should Maclin come back to us, we have the option to choose working it out or moving on. This way we at least lock up one of the two.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
It sounds like they're trying to get a trade out of him.
And we might just do it the second Maclin announces he'll be a Bill (if he does).

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
What is the maximum that you think a team would offer for him?

That all depends on if the Jets can renegotiate Decker's contract to a reasonable number. With his current contract I cannot see a team offering a draft pick for him. Another issue is if Decker would want to renegotiate with the Jets. He may prefer to make his own deal with a team that he chooses.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
At this point, the Jets would probably be happy with a conditional seventh.

Absolutely, they will likely take whatever they can get but if it came to a bidding war with another team, I'd be comfortable parting ways with a 5th rounder to seal the deal provided the contract was redone and made sense.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I did see somebody mention how what they'd offer would depend on his contract but I wasn't aware of how we'd go about getting him on a better contract for us. At this moment in time I really think we'll end up with one of the two. I can imagine Ozzie working his magic to get Decker if we happen to miss out on Maclin.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we gave a conditional pick and he makes the pro bowl, and we part ways with a fifth. It's beyond worth it. Considering the history of the ravens passing offense, that would be a total steal

The Greek

Veteran
i actually prefer decker over maclin plus his cost would be lower than maclin imo but if we land maclin i would be happy as well. we need one of them. decker has been pretty healthy his whole career so that is a plus over maclin plus he has the size

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
Decker seems to be just the type of player we need and just the type Flacco would like. Based on size and injury history I'd prefer him to Maclin. I don't think a 5th would be too expensive for him.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
no it would include an extension to spread out that 7m and give him a 3-4 year at 3-4m

Exactly along the lines of what I am thinking. One has to think the reason that Decker is still a Jet is because someone, hopefully us, has an understanding and unofficial deal in place to trade for him. It'd be so ironic if the Bills have interest in Decker too should they lose out on Maclin to us.

If we do have a deal, being a Ravens fan is a blessing and a curse because it stresses us out waiting for us to hear the news but at the same time we're one of the few organizations that you never usually hear big news before the team releases it. I think that allows us a lot of flexibility to get the shit done we need to do.