• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hollywood

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with him.

i will...
the things that Steve went after him for are just not really relevant to Hollywood - he can get off press... it's one of the things he's actually among the elite in the NFL at and is why he's an outside receiver despite being 5'9 and 185lbs - and he's not a gadget guy who gets a lot of short stuff

i get that he's no longer a raven so it's cool to go after him now for some reason - but hollywood's a really good receiver and there's a reason the cardinals gave up their 1st rounder for him

there are all sorts of things you can criticise Hollywood for but the 2 things Steve picked out are not those things

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i will...
the things that Steve went after him for are just not really relevant to Hollywood - he can get off press... it's one of the things he's actually among the elite in the NFL at and is why he's an outside receiver despite being 5'9 and 185lbs - and he's not a gadget guy who gets a lot of short stuff

i get that he's no longer a raven so it's cool to go after him now for some reason - but hollywood's a really good receiver and there's a reason the cardinals gave up their 1st rounder for him

there are all sorts of things you can criticise Hollywood for but the 2 things Steve picked out are not those things
Yeah, complete horseshit.

The only knock on Hollywood is a lack of physicality, translated to lost yards while going down or out of bounds to avoid contact.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah, complete horseshit.

The only knock on Hollywood is a lack of physicality, translated to lost yards while going down or out of bounds to avoid contact.

just doesnt break tackles and isnt likely to
and not gonna win in contested situations
had a few drops (although drop rate really was pretty average vs the rest of the league - and most of the best receivers in the league are up there in drops anyway) - it was more drops in some critical situations that showed up a little

but like this stuff isnt what steve was criticising

hollywood was a 1st round pick for a reason and is the best WR the ravens have ever drafted and it's not really been close - hopefully Bateman is even better but we don't know for sure yet - people talk about him like he's a scrub and who doesnt show up in big games when he has been, through the last 3 years, probably the biggest of big game players for the ravens and the only guy who hasnt had a poor playoff game

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
i will...

I mean part of why they gave up their first rounder is that they are trying to keep Kyler Murray happy and having his old teammate be one of his WRs is a good way to do that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i will...

he also hasn't had injury issues outside of the offseason injuries. He hasn't missed many games at all. I'll miss Hollywood, because I liked him a lot and wish him well in Arizona, but we got tremendous value for him and a possible perennial pro bowl player in Linderbaum.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Definitely going to miss Hollywood. He had his issues as others said but I always liked him and thought he brought a big dynamic to this team.

Simba

Staff Member
Definitely going to miss Hollywood. He had his issues as others said but I always liked him and thought he brought a big dynamic to this team.
I do think it's funny how the same people that took shots at Hollywood over the last few years are the same ones now saying that our WR group got so much worse by trading him.

But you're right. It feels weird to say that I'm not totally hurt that he's gone but I also don't think we got better as a team by trading him. I think he took a lot more shit for his play than he should have. I think part of that is also that Hollywood saying something on Twitter and then following it up with one of his bad games, so the optics weren't good. But regardless he was a good player that we'll definitely miss.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I do think it's funny how the same people that took shots at Hollywood over the last few years are the same ones now saying that our WR group got so much worse by trading him.

But you're right. It feels weird to say that I'm not totally hurt that he's gone but I also don't think we got better as a team by trading him. I think he took a lot more shit for his play than he should have. I think part of that is also that Hollywood saying something on Twitter and then following it up with one of his bad games, so the optics weren't good. But regardless he was a good player that we'll definitely miss.
We have a hole on the team now. Hollywood was a major part of this roster, but we filled another hole with the hole we created, and ultimately the hole we filled should have a net gain for the offense, Lamar plays better with protection no matter the receivers, you can’t say the inverse is True. Hollywood is an elite separator with game breaking speed, he actually has excellent hands and has made a lot of very difficult catches, he’s also been among our most clutch players. The timing of his drops was everything, he picked bad times to have bad drops and it turned the fan base, but anyone with half a brain saw that he was a clear tier above anyone else on the team.

I’m expecting him to break out in a massive way in AZ like 1500 yards type shit