• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
  • Hey there! We are so glad that you could make it to PurpleFlock on game day- thanks for stopping by! Be sure to sign up here in order to talk about today's game with our other members.

Week 11 Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I have to admit that I am a little nervous about this game, but I am usually nervous before a lot of games, so nothing new. I would like to see us continue with the good starts.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m the same - the ravens though through the last few weeks have often alleviated my concerns after a drive or 2 which has been nice
but a drive or two we are still on script. I like to see how we are playing off script and the team we are playing has a chance to adjust before I settle down. ^_^

Tank

Hall of Famer
I have to admit that I am a little nervous about this game, but I am usually nervous before a lot of games, so nothing new. I would like to see us continue with the good starts.
Let’s go and win this damn game! Nuthin’ but a thang! lol

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
boy I hope you are right. It would be nice to have another relaxing Sunday, instead of the high stress blood pressure monitor going on each and every quarter. Hell, I shouldn't even take it off.
You're talking about wearing a BP monitor. I am hiding in my home office with my hands over my ears at critical situations waiting for my wife and kid to scream. If they scream I bolt to watch what happened. Otherwise I am following around here... I am a wreck no matter what. It used to be the same way in the early 90s' when MJ played for the Bulls! I loved him too much to see him not score 50 or get beat by the Knicks or Pacers!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The disrespect and hate Lamar Jackson gets week in and week out from these national pundits is making my blood boil men! I know he's the best QB this league has seen in the last few years and yet despite proving it game after game, he still doesn't get his due. I can't put my finger on it though. For example they choose Watson and over him to start a franchise and while Watson is a fine player with better current stats, he is proven to be injury prone and not half as dynamic as our Lamar. Yet Lamar is disregarded. This kid is such a phenomenon on and off the field that it just pains me that he is treated so shabbily by the national media.

I thought about it long and hard as to why it may be. This may not be a popular reason I came up with but I feel strongly about it. I think the media prefers (this includes the black dudes) a QB that acts less black and more refined in his communication. For some reason (ridiculous to me), they equate football intelligence and skill level to their ability to speak English effectively! More white in a nutshell. It just makes me want to puke frankly and therefore I am praying for Lamar Jackson to put on a show today and outshine Watson every which way. Otherwise this narrative will take root to grow into a tree of great falsehood. We want Lamar to beat Watson for more reasons than going 8-2 or at least I do.

LETSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
2CB1418300000578-3246872-image-m-89_1443048013722.jpg

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.