• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Cardinals are looking to deal 2014 first round pick LB/S Deone Bucannon who doesn't fit the new scheme in Arizona, and another LB to keep an eye on is 2017 first round pick Hassan Reddick who lost the starting job to journeyman Gerald Hodges as he failed to grasp the new defensive scheme.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...7-is-barely-playing-and-concerns-are-growing/
Reddick has been extremely disappointing, but man something tells me that guy is far from finished, I just can’t see a player with so much explosion and speed and flexibility and motor being a straight up bust. He didn’t seem to be lacking field smarts in college either. If bowser continues on this path downhill that’s a move I’d like to see us consider, although I’m not sure I trust us to use a guy like that properly, we just never seem to use those guys right

Cooper is trash
Yeah he kinda hasn't lived up to the top 5 pick. At his best he's a solid high volume receiver but he's not a dominant #1 and he's been consistently poor for 2 seasons now. Honestly based on what I've seen from us playing the Raiders, we signed the better Raiders receiver. Also Raiders want a 1 for him which is laughable.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
"This just in from Steelers source : The Steelers are not expecting Le’Veon Bell to show up this week despite previous reports."

seen this on twitter from multiple insiders so i doubt bell is back for the next steelers game because otherwise he'd come back now and collect the paycheck during the bye...

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
"This just in from Steelers source : The Steelers are not expecting Le’Veon Bell to show up this week despite previous reports."

seen this on twitter from multiple insiders so i doubt bell is back for the next steelers game because otherwise he'd come back now and collect the paycheck during the bye...
Oh damn...what even is his plan here? He has to show up by week 10 or he’s basically screwed. So what is he waiting for

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh damn...what even is his plan here? He has to show up by week 10 or he’s basically screwed. So what is he waiting for

i mean he's not actually screwed if he doesnt turn up by week 10 - are the steelers really going to tag him at the same price next year if he doesnt accrue a season? if he didnt turn up this year would they want or even want to afford this circus for another year - whatever happens bell is hitting free agency this off season - its not unfeasible for him to just sit out the whole year if im honest

my guess is that he either comes back as late as possible to accrue a season or he doesnt come back at all and assumes the steelers wont want this mess next offseason so he'll hit free agency again...

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean he's not actually screwed if he doesnt turn up by week 10 - are the steelers really going to tag him at the same price next year if he doesnt accrue a season? if he didnt turn up this year would they want or even want to afford this circus for another year - whatever happens bell is hitting free agency this off season - its not unfeasible for him to just sit out the whole year if im honest

my guess is that he either comes back as late as possible to accrue a season or he doesnt come back at all and assumes the steelers wont want this mess next offseason so he'll hit free agency again...
To play week 9?
He better just not come back at all this year after this because he’s gonna look like an even bigger asshole after finally saying he’s coming back and still doesn’t come back...but man he’s missing out on a ton of money

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I would need to find the source again, but before week 1, I remember reading somewhere that even if Bell were to not show up at all this season, he'd still be a UFA because he already accrued enough seasons (he started in 2013). So I agree, why bother be a distraction when you (meaning Bell) can "stay fresh" for a year and get overpaid by some team (hopefully in the NFC).