• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The More Jon Gruden speaks, the funnier it gets. Gruden did a teleconference with Chargers reporters and spoke highly of rookie S Derwin James, and discredited the current safeties and GM Reggie McKenzie who picked them. Also he basically says he didn't want to choose Kolton Miller but had to because of McKenzie already took safeties back to back already.
Eric Williams
✔@eric_d_williams

Jon Gruden said he wanted to take Derwin James in the first round, but unfortunately they took a safety in the first round in 2016 (Karl Joseph) and one in the second round (Obi Melifonwu) in 2017. The Raiders selected LT Kolton Miller two picks before James in this year’s draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon-gruden-appears-to-undermine-raiders-gm-with-odd-comment-about-2018-nfl-draft/

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
The More Jon Gruden speaks, the funnier it gets. Gruden did a teleconference with Chargers reporters and spoke highly of rookie S Derwin James, and discredited the current safeties and GM Reggie McKenzie who picked them. Also he basically says he didn't want to choose Kolton Miller but had to because of McKenzie already took safeties back to back already.
Eric Williams
✔@eric_d_williams

Jon Gruden said he wanted to take Derwin James in the first round, but unfortunately they took a safety in the first round in 2016 (Karl Joseph) and one in the second round (Obi Melifonwu) in 2017. The Raiders selected LT Kolton Miller two picks before James in this year’s draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon-gruden-appears-to-undermine-raiders-gm-with-odd-comment-about-2018-nfl-draft/
I mean I agree with him lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
He might not have the control over personnel we think he has. Something over there doesn't seem right.

Or he's trying to blame shift like never seen before.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He might not have the control over personnel we think he has. Something over there doesn't seem right.

Or he's trying to blame shift like never seen before.

he's trying to shift blame - he and mckenzie dont like each other and its yet another shot - gruden doesnt need to be taking these shots in public though - he's on a 10 year 100m deal he's basically already won any internal battle so he doesnt need to take these public shots

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
SMH

ESPN
A leg has cost Earl Thomas the rest of his season; a finger has cost the Seattle Seahawks safety over $13,000.
Earl Thomas' season-ending injury means the final member of the Legion has likely played his last snap for Seattle.
The veteran has been fined $13,369 by the NFL for giving the middle finger as he was carted off the field in last Sunday's victory at the Arizona Cardinals, according to a Seattle Times report.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
SMH

ESPN
A leg has cost Earl Thomas the rest of his season; a finger has cost the Seattle Seahawks safety over $13,000.
Earl Thomas' season-ending injury means the final member of the Legion has likely played his last snap for Seattle.
The veteran has been fined $13,369 by the NFL for giving the middle finger as he was carted off the field in last Sunday's victory at the Arizona Cardinals, according to a Seattle Times report.

This sucks for Earl, such a great player and it seems everyone leaves Seattle bitter. As much as we love seeing what's going on with Bell in Pittsburgh, this only makes Bell's case for a holdout even greater. Thomas in a contract year wanted to be traded, held out and showed up in week one. Played well, then this happened. Wonder if Bell's holdout and Thomas' injury will cause a domino effect for next offseason.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This sucks for Earl, such a great player and it seems everyone leaves Seattle bitter. As much as we love seeing what's going on with Bell in Pittsburgh, this only makes Bell's case for a holdout even greater. Thomas in a contract year wanted to be traded, held out and showed up in week one. Played well, then this happened. Wonder if Bell's holdout and Thomas' injury will cause a domino effect for next offseason.
However, it's reported that Bell will report back to the Steelers in week 7 or 8 (I couldn't remember which week).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
However, it's reported that Bell will report back to the Steelers in week 7 or 8 (I couldn't remember which week).

he's coming back week 7 but they have a bye so both are correct
giphy.gif

Tank

Hall of Famer
Which means he will still be rusty and probably hurting quite a bit as players often say they hurt the most the first couple weeks of the season
Yeah, IDK. A RB in week 9 has played a lot of downs and is invariably nicked. No matter, while he is a formidable weapon I doubt he improves them enough to beat the Good Guys at home.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, IDK. A RB in week 9 has played a lot of downs and is invariably nicked. No matter, while he is a formidable weapon I doubt he improves them enough to beat the Good Guys at home.
Bell held out all of 2017 preseason and played week one and it was a very good game from the start

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Thomas Davis - LB - Panthers
3135.jpg

Panthers LB Thomas Davis' four-game suspension has ended.

Davis should offer an immediate boost to a defense which has been middling in his absence. Originally set to retire after this season, Davis now would be open to returning "if the team will have [him] back." This suspension likely had something to do with the change of heart.
-----------------------------------------

Just in time to prepare for us.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Not good news for Titans:

Taylor Lewan undergoing tests on injured foot
9398.jpg

Titans LT Taylor Lewan is undergoing tests on his injured foot Monday.

Lewan was on the field for just 17 plays in the TItans' stunning loss to the Bills. Speaking to the Nashville Tennessean after the game, he insisted it would not be a long-term issue. "I just didn’t have any power," Lewan said of his Sunday status. "I couldn’t push off." We would not assume the Monday MRI will bring back news as rosy as Lewan's words.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Not good news for Titans:

Taylor Lewan undergoing tests on injured foot
9398.jpg

Titans LT Taylor Lewan is undergoing tests on his injured foot Monday.

Lewan was on the field for just 17 plays in the TItans' stunning loss to the Bills. Speaking to the Nashville Tennessean after the game, he insisted it would not be a long-term issue. "I just didn’t have any power," Lewan said of his Sunday status. "I couldn’t push off." We would not assume the Monday MRI will bring back news as rosy as Lewan's words.
Won't matter. Their backup will become the 2nd coming of Ogden.