• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So speaking of injuries, Brady's wife just let it out that Brady played with a concussion last year and has had other concussions.

Fine and loss of draft picks incoming most likely. Pats never disclosed it on injury reports. The Seahawks lost a draft pick and was fined due to not reporting a injury Sherman had.

K-Dog

MVP
So speaking of injuries, Brady's wife just let it out that Brady played with a concussion last year and has had other concussions.

Fine and loss of draft picks incoming most likely. Pats never disclosed it on injury reports. The Seahawks lost a draft pick and was fined due to not reporting a injury Sherman had.
Wont happen.
He is the golden child.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad

Oh Nooooo, here we go again! #Headachegate

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So apparently the new Rams/Chargers stadium being built is having their 2019 grand opening delayed by a year. Why? Rain, yes rainfall is the reason the Rams will stay at the Coliseum and the Chargers stay 2 years at the Stubhub Center. Also this means that LA will need to request a waiver from the league to allow them to keep the Super Bowl in 2021. League rules say that new stadiums can not host a Super Bowl in their first season.

New York had was granted a wavier to keep Super Bowl 48 in New Jersey due to the temperatures being lower than the threshold mandated by the league. Hmmmmmmm......... The NFL is trying to control mother nature now ok then. Anyway will be interesting to see if the league has to move the 2021 Super Bowl elsewhere.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...allowing-super-bowl-in-first-year-at-stadium/

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Honestly, I think it's time for an expansion and award new cities with brand new teams. Have the expansion draft, which would make the draft even more interesting. The only problem of course is how many teams do you let in during a new expansion and how do divisions, conferences and playoffs work with new expansion teams.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think it's silly for any city to have 2 football teams.

Heck, I think it's silly that LA has 2 BASKETBALL teams. No one in LA REALLY cares for the Clippers. I question if Clippers fans care for the Clippers. LA will forever be a Laker town for basketball.

I don't know. It seems to me the Raiders are a perfect fit for Vegas.
That said, I hate when any team leaves a city.

Especially a team like the Raiders. All those years of ineptitude and then finally they leave the fanbase that's supported them through all of the BS.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Looks like Overtime in the NFL is getting ready to be approved for a shorter length. It is expected OT will be reduced to 10 minutes opposed to the regular 15 minute length.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Matt Elam arrested.

ProFootball Talk said:
Former Ravens first-round pick and current free agent Matt Elam has landed in legal trouble for the second time this year.

Elam was arrested and booked in Delray Beach, Florida on charges of grand theft and battery. TMZ Sports first reported news of the arrest and details beyond the $4,500 bond for Elam’s release aren’t known at the moment.

Elam was also arrested on charges of marijuana possession with the intent to sell or deliver and possession of hydrocodone in February.

Elam became a free agent a short time later as his rookie deal was up and the Ravens opted not to exercise their option on his contract for the 2017 season. The 2013 first-round pick had four tackles in nine games last year and there haven’t been any reports of interest in his services as a football player this offseason. That seems unlikely to change given Monday’s developments.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what's scary.. in the past 5 drafts I've never seen ozzie, harbs, de costa and pees as happy as they were when they selected elam..I was the only one along with 1 other member i cannot remember who lambasted the pick. I said he is the epitome of a college flash player but with no NFL substance. it was this pick which made me start questioning ozzie and de costa as talent evaluators.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let's not forget, we didn't REALLY want Ray Lewis lol