• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I mean if he couldn't get by in Cleveland... They've had him on the block for months and nothing. He does or has given Flacco his fair share of problems. Not a big deal to me. A few years ago, sure. They chose McCourty and Calhoun over him.

Considering how many picks he has against the Ravens, he's also been the guy who the Ravens have always gone after when they need a big play or TD. If he can keep that up in Pittsburgh that'd be great.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Considering how many picks he has against the Ravens, he's also been the guy who the Ravens have always gone after when they need a big play or TD. If he can keep that up in Pittsburgh that'd be great.
I still remember when he got mossed by Torrey in 2014 in that game that sent us to the playoffs and kickstarted our offense to victory.

Haden being on the Steelers eating up a lot of money is really good for us. Dude is just terrible. If Flacco can actually deliver a well driven deep ball, perriman will be eating him alive all day.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chiefs acquire Cam Erving from Browns in exchange for 2018 5th Round pick. Um... do the Chiefs have no 2018 picks left?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
3y/$27m Steelers / Hayden deal.
That's way too much for player who can't stay healthy any longer.

Schefter said Haden had "bigger offers" but turned them down because he wanted to play for Pittsburgh.

LOL ok, there is some stupid GMs but not enough to give him more than the $27M he got. If Steelers want to waste their cap space on him, fine by me.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Official (nfl.com), Burfict's suspension reduced to 3 games. Glad we won't see that idiot week 1.

At least Flacco Wont have to play the Bengals with Pac and Burfict because man, does he struggle with the Bengals. How's their pass rush? I feel like I see it mentioned that they drafted a couple of pieces or are expected to have a nice d line.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Schefter said Haden had "bigger offers" but turned them down because he wanted to play for Pittsburgh.

LOL ok, there is some stupid GMs but not enough to give him more than the $27M he got. If Steelers want to waste their cap space on him, fine by me.

Like there's no way a brown forever with other options takes less money to go to the steelers that literally makes no sense from a money or loyalty perspective - the intense hatred between teams in the AFC North is prohibitive to lifers moving within division...

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like there's no way a brown forever with other options takes less money to go to the steelers that literally makes no sense from a money or loyalty perspective - the intense hatred between teams in the AFC North is prohibitive to lifers moving within division...

Mike Wallace was a Steeler to start his career.

Honestly I think there is less hatred between AFC North teams and more an unspoken respect about what it takes to play in the North.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Honestly I think there is less hatred between AFC North teams and more an unspoken respect about what it takes to play in the North.

i was thinking about wallace when i wrote it but there's less of a thing in wallace's terms because he went away from the division a while and while he has utmost respect still for the steelers, i imagine their decision not to give him a contract probably stung

but you could also be right that the AFC North is just its own animal - i do feel like there is a certain intra-division rivalry

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

The Steelers and Bengals beg to differ on this....