• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Inevitably you’ll see coaches not challenging other things earlier in the game because they’ll be saving their 2nd challenge for the inevitable PI call at the end of the game

Honestly I think the “sky judge” idea would be a lot more helpful but I’m not gonna quibble with this sort of progress albeit it’ll probably make some games a bit of a mess

The sky judge idea should be implemented. Look how fast we catch things just like that. Just a quick buzz to the head ref.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I pray they only do this when it is an egregious foul not called ala the Saints game. If this starts coming into play because someone got away with a subtle arm bar this could get out of hand.

it's still got to be challenged which means the coaches likely have to think its clear and obvious (given that its already a judgement call) and likely only gets challenged on a crucial play also... and inside 2 minutes its all reviewed by new york which requires them to buzz down

it's still got to be challenged which means the coaches likely have to think its clear and obvious (given that its already a judgement call) and likely only gets challenged on a crucial play also... and inside 2 minutes its all reviewed by new york which requires them to buzz down
It’s how they define clear and obvious. All the times you hear an announcer say “ooh he kinda got away with one there” would be flagged if challenged? If so, I’m not liking it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It’s how they define clear and obvious. All the times you hear an announcer say “ooh he kinda got away with one there” would be flagged if challenged? If so, I’m not liking it.

but those wont necessarily get challenged in the first place unless they really are clear or on a critical play because its inherently a judgement call - in which case they should be flagged anyway so there's no problem with that challenge tbh...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Pats new Defensive Coordinator Greg Schiano suddenly steps down out of nowhere. Pats now looking for a DC again.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer