• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

I think Jimmy's was probably a bad grade 2 sprain. I wouldn't be surprised if they just hold him out until after the Bye week even if he's getting close to coming back.
After the bye week for Jimmy has been my hope but given there has been no update and no sign of him I am getting skeptical that is realistic.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
AQIB TALIB DB, LOS ANGELES RAMS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Aqib Talib (ribs) is expected to be placed on the injured reserve list.
Talib could return later this season after spending at least eight weeks on the injured reserve. The 33 year old hasn't played 16 games in any season since entering the league in 2008. Talib was just PFF's No. 99 highest-graded CB through six weeks among 117 qualified corners.

This should be a huge help when it comes to us facing the Rams in November. He's basically out until the almost the end of the season and is guaranteed to miss the MNF game against us.
He is playing like crap and the only help for us would be if he was in the team. Too bad it won't happen.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
To put things in perspective:

DARIUS LEONARD

Darius Leonard admitted to questioning his playing future after missing three weeks with a concussion.
Leonard suffered a crippling headache for two-plus weeks after being concussed Week 2 against the Titans, citing a collision with Derrick Henry as the likely event that left him with the brain injury. During his time away from the team, Leonard debated his NFL future. "That’s when I really started thinking, ‘Wait a minute. Now I have a wife and kid," Leonard recalls. "I’ve had a headache for three weeks. Will I ever be the same? Do I keep playing? You have those thoughts in the back of your head." Leonard obviously is returning and has cleared the league's protocol, but it was a scary enough situation that who knows what will happen if/when he suffers another one. NFL players have certainly become more mindful of their long-term futures in recent years.

SOURCE: The Athletic
Oct 14, 2019, 6:43 PM ET

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To put things in perspective:

DARIUS LEONARD

Darius Leonard admitted to questioning his playing future after missing three weeks with a concussion.
Leonard suffered a crippling headache for two-plus weeks after being concussed Week 2 against the Titans, citing a collision with Derrick Henry as the likely event that left him with the brain injury. During his time away from the team, Leonard debated his NFL future. "That’s when I really started thinking, ‘Wait a minute. Now I have a wife and kid," Leonard recalls. "I’ve had a headache for three weeks. Will I ever be the same? Do I keep playing? You have those thoughts in the back of your head." Leonard obviously is returning and has cleared the league's protocol, but it was a scary enough situation that who knows what will happen if/when he suffers another one. NFL players have certainly become more mindful of their long-term futures in recent years.

SOURCE: The Athletic
Oct 14, 2019, 6:43 PM ET

it's a really odd experience having a severe concussion
i got a bad one 13 years ago and i had migraines and blurry/wobbly vision for a couple of weeks - wasn't fully cleared to go and play sport again (the 2006 equivalent of concussion protocol lol) until 6 weeks later

would have been scary if i wasnt so out of it at the time

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jimmy ready for Seattle? I’d be stunned. Has he even been seen running? I’m still trying to hold out hope that he’s back after the bye.
I don't think we see what goes on inside the building to be honest. Not much is reported on injured players' recovery at all. In fact that may indeed be the plan for Jimmy to come back after the bye but we friggin' need him now!

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Browns traded C Austin Corbett to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick. 2018 2nd round draft pick already on the move after one year...

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Browns traded C Austin Corbett to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick. 2018 2nd round draft pick already on the move after one year...
Browns are now trying to trade for Trent Williams.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-16_10-18-24.png

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
seeing trent williams to browns as well as being nearly done also

apparently more major deals around the nfl being on their way

trade deadline being exactly 2 weeks away definitely prompting some action from nfl gms
Just as long as NE don't pick up AJ Green, I'm OK with anything.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wow ramsey to the rams

Did not expect that at all. Even after they traded Peter to us, I didn't picture them going after Ramsey. For the price we paid for Peters and the price they paid for Ramsey....... Eric got a steal for Peters.