• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

ALEX SMITHQB, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Alex Smith revealed he required 17 surgeries to repair his broken right leg.
The last number we'd heard was six back in December, but Smith ended up getting a severe infection and needed a whole lot of operations to remove tissue. Smith was in an external fixator device for eight months but has since shed the contraption and is walking on his own. He was seen throwing passes on the practice field this week. Still, Smith is expected to miss the season and his career remains in serious question. But 17 surgeries? Goodness. No wonder Trent Williams doesn't trust the Redskins medical staff.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-17_7-52-23.png

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
  • TRENT BROWNT, OAKLAND RAIDERS

Raiders RT Trent Brown has been accused of multiple acts of domestic violence dating back to 2018.
    Brown's girlfriend, Diorra Marzette-Sanders, accused Brown of "slapping, punching and choking her on multiple occasions." She said she has been "bruised, bloodied and battered" and lives in fear of Brown. Marzette-Sanders has filed a lawsuit in Alameda County, Cali. after filing a police report back in June. The NFL is said to be "investigating the matter." It's unclear what this means for Brown's availability this week against the Packers. The Raiders' prize free-agent pickup this past offseason, Brown is Pro Football Focus' No. 20 tackle out of 75 qualifiers.

SOURCE: ESPN.com
    Oct 16, 2019, 1:44 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/nfl-bu...-similarities/

Ryan Leaf sees alot of his past self in baker.

https://twitter.com/nfldov/status/11...596161/video/1

“When things start to go bad, you put yourself out there in this form. And people can easily attack it,” Leaf said during a recent appearance on “The Rich Eisen Show".

“I have a very small sample size: 2-0 to start my NFL career. Talking a lot of smack. And then I walk into Kansas City and put up the worst football game of my existence. And I’ve always been this brash, arrogant kind of guy. That’s the way I came back at everybody instead of just walking up in front of the camera and going, ‘Oh my God. This was my fault. I’m going to do everything I can to make sure this doesn’t happen again.’ And hearing Baker [Sunday] — even though small — blame the officials for some calls is problematic for me because as a quarterback, you want to be able to stand up in front of everybody and take personal accountability,” he continued.

We can't make any other moves right now unless we move out quite a bit of salary cap the other way or restructure (please no) a contract. We are down to roughly 2m in cap space.
Really no idea who would free significant money that we can afford to cut lose. We will need to be buying in the low-rent district.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
update:

The Raiders are signing Waller, in the midst of a breakout season, to a contract extension through 2023 that is expected to be around $9 million per season, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported on Wednesday evening.