• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean sure most say this is just a QB award but Herbert was just on another level. Jefferson had a great year and all but no way this award was going to anyone but Herbert. Barring a Joe Burrow like injury to Trevor, I think we can lock in Trevor Lawrence for OROY in 2021.

Knew Kevin Stefaniski was a lock to win COY but it was hard to argue that McDermott should have been COY too.

idk that you can nail on trevor for OROY lol - there's gonna be at least 3 other QBs taken in the 1st round - and if a 5th QB gets taken (probably Mac Jones) then he's likely gonna be in a better situation than many of the others

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get what your saying, but your ideas are based on the premise that the criminal justice system works. It’s clearly flawed and favors those who are well off financially. Kansas City’s team of lawyers
will throw endless resources to drag out the legal process until the state or family are worn down. Ending in a minor settlement. Reason one the NFL needs to step in.

Reason two: This isn’t some run of the mill accounting firm or mom and pop shop. The NFL has the eyes of the world constantly on them. To continue to employee someone (or not severely punish )who nearly killed a child while driving intoxicated is a bad look.

At the end of the day the NFL couldn’t care less because the almighty dollar matters most , anything they implement is superficial. Just doesn’t feel right morally to me , to allow him to coach in the Super Bowl until the investigation is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. Well any "settlement" with a family is a civil case, not a criminal one. The NFL certainly shouldn't be meddling in civil cases between people that are outside the scope of the NFL entirely.
2. My understanding is that he's not coaching today, as I don't believe he even traveled with the team to the game. That being said...its impact on the NFL isn't that significant. We can talk about how it "looks", but "looks" only become relevant when they translate into $. And I have a very hard time believing there will be any significant monetary losses by the Chiefs or the NFL by continuing to employee a coach nobody has heard of while the legal system adjudicates. Especially true when there won't be any football after today for like 6+ months.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Do teams just not invest money into their OL anymore? Seattle is one of worst teams when it comes to money spent on the offensive line over the years.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Everyone is leaving Houston....

tbf he's been on the way out for a while it seemed from what i read a few weeks ago

but Amy Palcic being fired in November (for not fitting the culture) should have been a major sign that this was all about to blow up...

and you know what they could have done with right now with all these exits? an industry leading PR/director of communications...

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
After seeing Tom Brady's IG story, I agree with @Deebo813 . He's now a Florida boy.

I moved to Florida when I was stationed at McDill. Loved it so much a kept my house. I’d never go back to MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now NFL Network saying teams are calling about Russell's availability. This offseason about to turn the NFL into the NBA.

Seahawks recently put out something that said they were unhappy with him. Not sure what they are hoping to do with that information because they aren't the ones getting blasted behind the line of scrimmage every game. He has every right to voice displeasure, they've done nothing to help protect him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

a thread about chris doyle... and his inappropriate (and racist) comments towards black students and student athletes
also unconfirmed reports of homophobic language too

and unrelated to race he was also in charge of this incident https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...eport-is-out-and-you-already-know-whats-in-it

so not only is he not a nice human being - turns out he's also probably not that good at his job - yet for some reason he was the highest paid strength and conditioning guy in college football until this point

hard to imagine a roster full of professional athletes is going to take kindly to this kind of hire... and not sure what sort of "vetting" process could ever make him hireable coming off this sort of a scandal