• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wink has to cue up our pass rush vs. the Steelers. Here is their starting OL.

LT - Chukwuma Okorafor (former RT)
LG - Kevin Dotson (4 career games started)
C - JC Hassenauer (4 career games started)
RG - Aviante Collins (1 career game started)
RT - Zach Banner (2 career games started)

It's possible Kendrick Green can land somewhere in the interior as a rookie
Trai Turner at Guard now, but yes, its a very weak unit by any metric.

I'll be honest... there's part of me that thinks the FO is sort of trying to "sabotage" Ben and their offense. Like they had a ton of cap problems, which plays a big role in this, but there's no way you can go into a season with this Oline and an immobile, aging, QB and think "yeah, we're trying real hard to win this year". Unless they're going to do the same dink and dunk offense they did last year, which won't get them far in the playoffs (assuming they make it at all).

I mean they did use a 3rd and 4th rounder on a couple lineman, so I can't say they ignored it entirely, but it's obviously a very suspect group, especially in pass pro.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Trai Turner at Guard now, but yes, its a very weak unit by any metric.

I'll be honest... there's part of me that thinks the FO is sort of trying to "sabotage" Ben and their offense. Like they had a ton of cap problems, which plays a big role in this, but there's no way you can go into a season with this Oline and an immobile, aging, QB and think "yeah, we're trying real hard to win this year". Unless they're going to do the same dink and dunk offense they did last year, which won't get them far in the playoffs (assuming they make it at all).

I mean they did use a 3rd and 4th rounder on a couple lineman, so I can't say they ignored it entirely, but it's obviously a very suspect group, especially in pass pro.
yeah, I posted this before finding out that Trai Turner was signed. If he is healthy, he should be a good signing for them.

Although I doubt they are trying to sabotage Ben and their offense, I can totally understand where you are coming from. I know they had zero dollars to work, but they could have tried to fix the offensive line in the early rounds instead of going RB and TE. It will be interesting to see how much success they get on the ground this season, let alone the passing offense.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah, I posted this before finding out that Trai Turner was signed. If he is healthy, he should be a good signing for them.

Although I doubt they are trying to sabotage Ben and their offense, I can totally understand where you are coming from. I know they had zero dollars to work, but they could have tried to fix the offensive line in the early rounds instead of going RB and TE. It will be interesting to see how much success they get on the ground this season, let alone the passing offense.
I mean of all the things they needed, they had to have known Oline was a priority.

The only reason I can see them justifying not making it a priority is if they plan to basically run the same offense as last year, which is pass-heavy with short drops and short-intermediate passing. But I don't see why they think that would be successful. Become quite easy for other teams to defend later in the year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean of all the things they needed, they had to have known Oline was a priority.

The only reason I can see them justifying not making it a priority is if they plan to basically run the same offense as last year, which is pass-heavy with short drops and short-intermediate passing. But I don't see why they think that would be successful. Become quite easy for other teams to defend later in the year.
They seemed to be the weakest undefeated team last year and imo, the worst 11-0 team in history. They came back down to earth those final 5 games and this season they will probably be even weaker.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

i mean 10m is a lot and massive - but if they found breaches or conduct worthy of that sort of fine then how the hell is snyder not at best suspended and at worst being forced to sell the team...

1. I'm not even sure what "suspending an Owner" looks like or what that even achieves really.
2. I think its just further proof that its unlikely they would get enough Owners to vote to approve his sale anyway. It's not like the things they were accused of or even did are likely wildly outrageous for the atmosphere or the industry.

I did like the token "hey look, lets make my wife a co-Owner, so it looks like we're promoting diversity" move they did last week. I actually find it comforting when rich people are like "yeah, ya'll make a huge deal out of shit that happens all the time in industries like this one, so I'll give you a little PR gesture that I can wave in your face later to show how much I don't care".

It's kind of refreshing to realize that some people still can clap back at PC culture.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
1. I'm not even sure what "suspending an Owner" looks like or what that even achieves really.
2. I think its just further proof that its unlikely they would get enough Owners to vote to approve his sale anyway. It's not like the things they were accused of or even did are likely wildly outrageous for the atmosphere or the industry.

I did like the token "hey look, lets make my wife a co-Owner, so it looks like we're promoting diversity" move they did last week. I actually find it comforting when rich people are like "yeah, ya'll make a huge deal out of shit that happens all the time in industries like this one, so I'll give you a little PR gesture that I can wave in your face later to show how much I don't care".

It's kind of refreshing to realize that some people still can clap back at PC culture.

so you think all those people who were mistreated and all the sexual harassment (and worse) issues with the cheerleading teams are somehow some PC culture gone mad thing?

it feels like you're somehow suggesting that there shouldn't be consequences for them being awful employers and exploitative assholes

not sure how the wife thing is in anyway a gesture one way or the other...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
so you think all those people who were mistreated and all the sexual harassment (and worse) issues with the cheerleading teams are somehow some PC culture gone mad thing?

it feels like you're somehow suggesting that there shouldn't be consequences for them being awful employers and exploitative assholes

not sure how the wife thing is in anyway a gesture one way or the other...
Nope. I think that many of the women who made accusations of sexual harassment (to my knowledge, not actual assault, which is a whole different degree) received financial settlements for their harassment, and that qualifies as a very reasonable "consequence" for their actions.

I think that several of the personnel who were accused (never convicted or even charged with, but merely accused) of harassment no longer work for the organization. That feels like a fairly straight forward consequence and reaction by an organization to allegations of this magnitude.

I think that Daniel Snyder was never listed among any of the people in the most recent round of allegations, and that's its largely comical how him merely being the Owner and having some employees who were garbage is somehow enough for the idiotic mobs to suggest he should sell his franchise. In reality, nobody reasonable can think that's a good enough reason to sell the franchise, and they're just utilizing it as a catalyst to try to force a bad football operational person to give up power, which is the real objective.

I think when an organization has a perceived "cultural issue", it can change its culture without terminating everybody who was associated with the old culture, and that includes ownership, upper management, etc.

I think its pretty clear what bringing in Snyder's wife as the "day to day operations leader" is indicative of. She's been heavily involved in such for Washington for a long, long, long time, yet they conveniently decided now was the time to let the world know about it. What better way to show a culture shift and that you're promoting "diversity" than making a woman your de facto CEO? It's the most predictable choice possible. What happens when an organization gets a reputation for having a race issue? They hire minorities to management positions. What happens when an organization gets a reputation of being insensitive to women? You hire women to management positions.

It's all just part of a PR campaign.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
2233cd3822a29887ecaa1d47fdd90f2f.jpg

Being a bandwagon Tampa fan now that I live there, I came across an article discussing the Saints Qb battle. I really hope Taysom wins the the starting job.
1. He is super talented and exciting to watch.
2. Twitter can explode on this guy when Lamar blows his numbers out of the water lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Being a bandwagon Tampa fan now that I live there, I came across an article discussing the Saints Qb battle. I really hope Taysom wins the the starting job.
2. Twitter can explode on this guy when Lamar blows his numbers out of the water lol.

Ahh yes, this clown. How could I forget. I want Taysom as the starter as I'll be expecting him to throw for more than 36 passing TDs with less than 6 INTs and a UNANIMOUS MVP. Anything less is a catastrophic failure and he should be considered one of the biggest busts in NFL history. These are the rules, I'm just enforcing them. Good day.

Nurps

MVP

I live in the Seminole/Madeira Beach area. Theres a couple Ravens bars in the vicinity.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I live in the Seminole/Madeira Beach area. Theres a couple Ravens bars in the vicinity.

Thats awesome I’ll have to check it out. We just bought a house in Apollo Beach

Nurps

MVP
Thats awesome I’ll have to check it out. We just bought a house in Apollo Beach

Welcome to paradise! I dont get over to your area ever but the closest true Ravens bar I'd know for you would be Brass Monkey in Pass-a-Grille. There obviously may be one closer to you that I'm not aware of. Do you work at MacDill?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Welcome to paradise! I dont get over to your area ever but the closest true Ravens bar I'd know for you would be Brass Monkey in Pass-a-Grille. There obviously may be one closer to you that I'm not aware of. Do you work at MacDill?

Thanks man I'm pumped to be down there. Yeah I'll be working out of Mcdill, preparing mysef for the commute and city traffic again. I grew up in Baltimore and had spent three years Quantico for a duty station , so it's certainly not foreign to me. However I've been in a rural area of North Carolina the last five years with a 10 minute commute to work haha. Adjustments coming....

Nurps

MVP
Thanks man I'm pumped to be down there. Yeah I'll be working out of Mcdill, preparing mysef for the commute and city traffic again. I grew up in Baltimore and had spent three years Quantico for a duty station , so it's certainly not foreign to me. However I've been in a rural area of North Carolina the last five years with a 10 minute commute to work haha. Adjustments coming....

Funny. I grew up in Baltimore and my family moved to Hyde County, NC. I got out pretty quickly on my own lol. Talk about rural!

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Funny. I grew up in Baltimore and my family moved to Hyde County, NC. I got out pretty quickly on my own lol. Talk about rural!

Small world, I know Hyde somewhat well. Spent three years in New Bern NC and another three in Jville NC